Assistant Business Development Manager, Cross Border
Assistant Business Development Manager, Cross Border
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands.
A fantastic opportunity is available for an Assistant Business Development Manager, Cross Border to join our Sales team in Parsippany, NJ.
Job Overview and Scope
Business development manager plays a key role in the Cross-Border team driving channel strategy and new channel development. The role will also focus on building expert knowledge in our key categories/ channels, sharing and collaborating with execution teams in China & source country to build long-term partnerships and increase profit and sales.
Solid Line Report to (Title): Business Development Manager Global Cross-Border E-commerce USA
- Internal: International cross-border development teams (US + Europe + AU), global CB marketing team, E-commerce execution team - channel and marketing, supply, finance, regulatory
- External: E-commerce retailers/customers, CB distributors/traders, E-commerce sales agencies Responsibilities
- Responsible for capturing RB brands cross-border business opportunity across nations and design Route to Market model in China and source country, development and implementation of category / cross-border model strategy focusing on strengthening in market performance, driven by across channel presence, optimization of assortment, promotion & pricing;
- Identify channel gaps and work out implementation plans for driving our brand presence, build up collaborative relationship with potential CB e-platform / channels and develop qualified distributor / trader across CB model;
- Design cross-border route to market strategy for China & source country; Plan trade strategy for new brand launch; Timely review to adjust strategy based on data and solid channel and partner insights;
- Manage cross-border distributor / trader / sales agencies for implementation of brand and channel strategies, streamline CB process with internal counterpart for a sustainable business;
- Business growth acceleration by partnering with marketing counterparts in developing new brand trade/selling decks & toolkits, building and deploying integrated activation plans in source country targeting the Chinese population.
- Manage the daily operation with customers to ensure orders are fulfilled on time and the operation model is constantly optimized.
- Contributes to category marketing plans, with customer & category analysis and promotional strategy.
- Continuous analysis of the customer's position/ customer gross margin works together with cross-border source country and local sales execution to recommend in store actions aimed at strengthening our position in the category.
- Key contact for the Brand Marketing team with regards to all pricing, promotional and customer activity.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum bachelor's degree in business preferred. 3+ years of sales, trade marketing / business development experience. Should have ecommerce experience, cross-border ecom or Daigou experience is a plus
- Prior experience includes working on ecommerce, building an ecom business/brands, working with cross-functional, global teams. International working or international team co-ordination working is required.
- Strong creative, analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills. Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in unstructured environments.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills capable of building strong working relationships and influencing and customers and internal teams. Strong commercial understanding of business issues/opportunities
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Ability to think outside the box
- Tenacious and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Be comfortable with working in a high-pressure environment.
- Fluent in English, Chinese language skill is highly preferred.
- Fast paced. Tired of having to jump through endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
- Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here! RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
- Autonomy. RB empowers you to OWN what you do.
- Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You'll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
- Feel good about the company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through better business. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
- Passport Stamps. Does working Internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
- Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
- Vacation. We offer 4 weeks' vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave .
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organization.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top