Team Lead -Forklift Technician- Field
- San Diego, CA
Raymond Handling Solutions is a full service material handling company with multiple locations on the west coast. We do everything within the four walls of a warehouse from selling, leasing and renting our forklifts to designing and building conveyor systems and racking.
The Team Lead assists the DSM in directing and supporting the Field Service Technicians (direct reports) assigned to the Field Service Team Leader. Primary responsibility is to provide technical support at the field level. Correspond with company and/or Raymond factory technical support resources to resolve technical and troubleshooting issues that arise. Responsible for handling customer related issues in the assigned territory at the direction of the DSM. Assist DSM in achieving Service Department KPI standards with their assigned team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance for assigned technicians having difficulties with a particular job.
- Resolve customer/technician related problems in conjunction with the DSM and the sales team.
- Correspond with the DSM, factory and Technical Training on technical problems concerning equipment that the company sells and services.
- Assist DSM with performance reviews of direct reports.
- Maintain at least an 85% productivity level.
- Assist DSM and dispatch team in achieving team SM completion goals.
- Assist DSM in maintaining CFPM controls and cost reduction at assigned accounts.
- Assist dispatch with technician assignments for service calls.
- Work with dispatchers to achieve 1 st call completion and response time goals.
- Assure that all team members adhere to all safety requirements and actively work to reduce work related accidents.
- Assist DSM in establishing team goals. Review results monthly with DSM and Quarterly with the Director of Service Operations.
- Assist DSM in maintaining team standards for WIP, ADP timecards, Tech time billed, and GPS tracking.
- Work in conjunction with DSM, trainers, and SM auditors to assess tech skills and obtain necessary training.
- Work with DSM to assess workload distribution and addition of technicians.
- Assist DSM in ensuring proper van maintenance for direct reports.
- Oversee Raymond projects within guidelines provided by Raymond as directed by DSM.
- Fill in for DSM as assigned during DSM absences
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- Possess strong instructional skills. Be able to effectively demonstrate to technicians how to diagnose and troubleshoot specific technical problems.
- Must be customer focused both internally and externally.
- Exhibit strong leadership qualities and coach team members in daily activities and technical procedures.
- Be able to communicate effectively with customer representatives and with all levels of RHSI management.
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to varying workloads, work hours and environments.
- Be willing to comply with employee handbook.
- Possess working knowledge of personal computers including DOS and Windows applications.
- Possess sound working knowledge of basic DC and AC electricity, SCR, wire guidance, transistor, microprocessor, internal combustion engines, hydraulic components and systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Possess a High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Possess a minimum of 5 years field breakdown experience or comparable service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Level 2 Certification is required.
- Must have completed the Raymond Technical Primer
- Must have completed the RHSI Scheduled Maintenance Primer
RHSI provides competitive, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, flexible spending accounts, disability insurance, life insurance, personal time off, holiday pay and a great team to work with!
Check us out at www.raymondhandlingsolutions.com . Raymond Handling Solutions has a great group of loyal and hardworking employees who help us maintain our exemplary level of sales and service.
Apply on-line via the submit resume button provided. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified persons to apply. We encourage qualified military veterans and persons with disabilities to submit their resume on line. We are a drug free company.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Back to top