Systems Installation Tech
- Stockton, CA
Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation is currently on the lookout for a strong Systems Installation Technician to join our winning team! The primary objectives of the Systems Installation Technician are (1) the proficient repair and service of the customer's equipment, (2) to maintain good communication and working relationships with customers, peers and management, (3) to represent and sell the entire company, (4) to not exceed established job costs, (5) work within all safety guidelines established by RHCC and OSHA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Repair all types of equipment that RHCC sells and services.
- Update training and skills on a continuing basis.
- Train other employees as needed.
- Follow all Storage & Automation Department procedures.
- Communicate with assigned Supervisor.
- Complete all service documentation in a timely, accurate fashion.
- Communicate all options to customers before proceeding with work.
- Have the necessary tools to perform repair and scheduled service work.
- Complete jobs within quoted time limits when applicable.
- Maintain a clean and orderly (inside and outside) vehicle.
- Represent the company favorably in all situations.
- Pass all available certifications appropriate to the position.
- Maintain good working knowledge of customers and equipment in assigned areas.
- Report all accidents promptly, regardless of fault.
- Account for 100% of available time during working hours.
- Must be willing to work overtime when necessary.
- Coordinate all overtime with assigned supervisor.
- Must follow all procedures in the company's Employee Handbook.
- Must follow safety procedures and use good judgment in regard to safety.
- Must be willing to work out of town as necessary.
- Establish a positive rapport with customers.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage time efficiently.
- Must be customer oriented.
- Able to exhibit professional behavior at all times.
- Willing to follow mandates and procedures of the Systems (Storage & Automation) Department.
- Ability to deal with customers on a face to face basis.
- Maintain a sound working relationship with other technicians and fellow workers.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Must pass or possess all available certificates appropriate to the position.
- Possess sound working knowledge of basic D.C. electricity, basic A.C. electricity.
- Possess sound welding skills with a primary focus on arc as well as torch skills.
- Must be able to take direction.
- Must be able to communicate by telephone, in writing, and in person.
- Possess sound working knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Possess sound mechanical abilities.
- Be able to organize efficiently.
- Maintain a clean, neat professional appearance.
- Be able to work cooperatively with peers and other departments as needed.
- Be willing and able to learn quickly and perform accurately and neatly with a degree of flexibility.
- Motivated to continuous self-development and training.
- Willing to assume more responsibility as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Minimum of 3 years breakdown experience or comparable service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Raymond Level 1 Certified or working towards that goal, if applicable.
- Possess current, valid, unrestricted driver's license with no more than the allowable level of points on record, if applicable.
Maintain personally owned tools according to approved minimum tool list. Maintain additional tools as required by duties and certification level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is sometimes loud.
DRESS CODE Uniforms as provided by company. Neat appearance. Belt with shirt tails tucked in. Steel toed shoes. For safety reasons, no jewelry is to be worn while working near machinery or moving equipment.
Weekdays (Monday through Friday) 7:00 am to 3:30 pm (or variable as required).
Check us out at www.raymondhandling.com . Raymond Handling Concepts has a great group of loyal and hardworking employees who help us maintain our exemplary level of sales and service.
Apply on-line via the submit resume button provided. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified persons to apply. We encourage qualified military veterans and persons with disabilities to submit their resume on line. We are a drug free company.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Back to top