Shop Utility Worker
- Auburn, WA
Are you looking for an entry level position with upward mobility? Raymond Handling Concepts is looking for a Shop Utility Worker to join their winning team! The Shop Utility Worker is responsible for safely performing various shop duties as assigned to keep the shop and warehouse facilities in working order. This position performs essential functions, with urgency, within the shop so we can meet our customers' needs on time and defect free. You will gain experience in the forklift service and repair industry through exposure to forklift operation, identification, uses of forklifts and occasional participation in minor forklift repairs. This in an entry level position that offers potential growth opportunities within our service department.
- Load and unload equipment on to delivery truck.
- Perform waste disposal tasks (crush filters, cans, empty oil containers, dispose of trash).
- Perform shipping and receiving functions at dock.
- Make sure all trucks in warehouse and shop are properly tagged.
- Keep equipment parked in designated areas within the shop.
- Inventory of supplies, tools and materials.
- Assist technicians with minor repairs.
- Keep warehouse and shop area clean and organized.
- Ensure everything is secured at the end of every day.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by the Shop Manager.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- High mechanical aptitude required.
- Some type of mechanical experience, preferred
- Clean DMV required
The ideal candidate will have strengths in the following:
- A self-starter
- Effective time management skills
- Willing to comply with employee handbook, safety and shop policies
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Able to take direction well
- Must be able to communicate effectively through verbal and written communication via phone or email
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects with or without aid. The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer) with or without aid. This position requires the ability to hear various levels of sound and noise with or without aid. The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion. The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions. The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted. The ability to communicate clearly with or without aid. The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position. The ability to lift 25 - 50 lbs. continuously. The ability to maneuver up to 125 lbs. with assistance of equipment or other team members.
RHCC provides competitive, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, flexible spending accounts, disability insurance, life insurance, personal time off, holiday pay and a great team to work with!
Check us out at www.raymondhandling.com . Raymond Handling Concepts has a great group of loyal and hardworking employees who help us maintain our exemplary level of sales and service.
Apply on-line via the submit resume button provided. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified persons to apply. We encourage qualified military veterans and persons with disabilities to submit their resume on line. We are a drug free company.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Back to top