- Fremont, CA
Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation is looking for a strong Project Manager to join our dynamic team! Project Managers at the Raymond companies are dedicated individuals who enjoy leading a team to implement a project and meet the customers' expectations. They determine ways to move the project ahead even when challenges appear. The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful installation of complete material handling systems or modifications to existing conveyors, sortation and automated storage systems along with integration of racking, shelving, mezzanines, picking systems and supporting software. Our Project Managers work closely with the Sales team and other Systems staff to oversee project development and installation while maintaining Raymond's reputation, integrity and customer-first approach.
The Project Manager is responsible for the system review, final counts, ordering, schedules, budget and implementation of Storage and Automation projects. They communicate directly with vendors, customers, sales and credit personnel as well as the Systems support team of Project Engineers and Site Supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages all assigned projects without supervision, to include contract review, engineering calculations, permit administrative functions, order entry, shipping/installation coordination, installation, commissioning, and acceptance.
- Achieves project implementation with resulting customer satisfaction while maintaining as-sold gross profit margin and minimizing or eliminating cost overruns.
- Establishes and maintains project development and installation schedule. Creates timetable and milestones for project implementation, ensures that project remains on schedule.
- Consistent internal and external communications on job progress and changes.
- Identifies and presents for discussion all potential job cost savings on individual projects.
Experience and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency with AutoCad, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Ability to understand construction drawings as well as verifying dimensions and confirming material lists.
- Extensive knowledge of implementing warehouse automation including conveyor systems, AS/RS and associated WCS software.
- Familiarization with storage racks, pick modules and mezzanines.
- Be familiar with seismic design requirements and the permit process for storage systems and support structures.
- Present a mature, responsible appearance and take a leadership role in the projects assigned.
- Be able to perform duties under minimal supervision, but respond to rapidly varying requirements. Demonstrate drive, initiative and maintain records of activities.
- Comply with Employee Handbook.
- Continually learn new products and policies.
- Be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, vendors and customers at all levels in person, in writing and on the telephone.
- Be able to manage time effectively and maintain an acceptable attendance record. Time management and organizational abilities will be key skills needed for success.
- Be willing to work off-hours as specific needs dictate.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- PMI certificates are beneficial, but not required.
- Project or Construction Management Experience in lieu of full 4 year degree will be considered.
Be able to speak, read and write fluently in English. Be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid, unrestricted Class C driver license with no more than allowable number of points on record.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Appropriate business attire per company policy.
RHCC provides competitive, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, flexible spending accounts, disability insurance, life insurance, personal time off, holiday pay and a great team to work with!
Check us out at www.raymondhandling.com . Raymond Handling Concepts has a great group of loyal and hardworking employees who help us maintain our exemplary level of sales and service.
Apply on-line via the submit resume button provided. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified persons to apply. We encourage qualified military veterans and persons with disabilities to submit their resume on line. We are a drug free company.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Back to top