Parts Specialist - Systems
- La Mirada, CA
We are a full service materials handling company. What does that mean? We do everything within the four walls of a warehouse from selling, leasing and renting our forklifts to designing and building conveyor systems and racking.
The Systems Parts Specialist is responsible for performing the following duties: researching, finding parts, ordering stock and setting up vendors for customer requests ordering parts for rack, dock and door, conveyor, Vertical Lift Modules, carousels, and other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Lead by example and be responsible for the well-being of the Parts Department pro-active positive behavior.
- Discusses use and features of various parts.
- Reads and works accurately from catalogs, parts manuals, price books, online resources and microfiche viewer, or computer for replacement part stock numbers and prices.
- Fills customer orders from stock.
- Presses tires as needed.
- Prepares Sales Orders for invoicing.
- Receives payment or obtains credit authorization.
- Advises customer on substitution or modification of part when replacement is not available.
- Orders parts for stock and or customers.
- Receives and fills telephone, email and walk-in counter orders for parts and promotes overall sales.
- Pulls stock and fills orders as needed.
- Assists in taking inventory of stock.
- Participate in Cycle counting of inventory
- Participates in annual inventories at assigned location and others as requested.
- Reports to all customers the status of their backorders in an acceptable time frame.
- Work with and support other Parts Sales Specialists regarding the sale of material handling equipment.
- Assist at back counter and in Stockroom as directed or as needed.
- Actively participate in Parts Department training and meetings.
- Assist Stockroom Rack Clerk with maintenance of part number labeling, loading/unloading, tagging, staging, pulling orders and cleanliness of storage of products in the yard.
- Assists with receiving product physically and electronically.
- Will keep work area, the warehouse and the lot clean free of debris with all equipment parked in neat even rows.
- Complete assigned housekeeping tasks assigned each day
- Will work in a safe manner at all times following all safety practices and policies of RHSI.
- Various duties directly or indirectly associated with parts sales activity or as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess a working knowledge of EBS and MS Excel
- Willing to learn new computer programs, inventory procedures, parts manuals and price books.
- Willing to support all phases of the department and company as needed.
- Able to perform duties under minimal supervision, adjust to changes and demonstrate drive and initiative.
- Willing to continually learn new products and procedures.
- Able to show ability to manage time effectively.
- Knowledgeable in interpretation of parts manual and computer programs.
- Present a neat, mature and responsible appearance.
- Be willing to work off-hours, after 5PM and before 6AM, and weekends as specific needs dictate.
- Maintain a professional attitude in all matters.
- Be motivated to continuous self-development and training.
- Be willing to assume more responsibility as required.
- Be able to perform duties with minimal supervision, and respond to rapidly varying input requirements.
- Demonstrate drive, initiative and self-confidence.
- Be willing to comply with RHSI Employee Handbook.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Responsible to manage over time to a minimum
- Be able to manage time effectively with the aid of paper or electronic media.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We provide a competitive benefit package to include;
- Medical (Raymond Handling Solutions, Inc. contributes 65%!), dental, vision, long and short term disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- 8 paid holidays,
- 401k with company match,
- Monthly Employee Recognition Awards
- Great holiday gatherings & great company culture
Equal Opportunity Employer
Raymond Handling Solutions, Inc. Is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/V/D
Raymond Handling Solutions conducts pre-employment/post offer background checks and drug screening.
Back to top