- La Mirada, CA
Established in 1949, Raymond Handling Solutions is THE premiere handling Solutions Company! Since our inception, we have earned the prestigious reputation of excellence in the material handling industry!
We continue to be the leading full service material handling distributor and solutions provider in Southern California, Arizona, Nevada and Mexico.
Researches and sells repair and service parts for material handling equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following;
- Accepts telephone, email and counter orders for external customers and Company technicians, fills orders from stock.
- Researches replacement parts using parts manual, computer listings or microfiche as appropriate
- Discusses use and features of various parts.
- Fills customer orders from stock or by special order. Orders parts for stock replenishment.
- Advises customer on substitution or modification of part when replacement is not available.
- Updates customers regarding the status of backordered parts in an acceptable time frame.
- Prepares Sales Orders for invoicing, receives payment, and obtains credit authorization when necessary.
- Participate in general inventories and cycle counts as necessary
- Initiate proper documentation to maintain accurate inventory and sales records.
- Work with and support other Parts Sales Specialists regarding the sale of material handling equipment.
- Handles telephone calls, customer counter, and promotes overall sales.
- Assist Parts Sales Representatives with order entry, consignment replenishments and consignment maintenance.
- Distribute and explain Raymond Corporation Service and Parts Bulletins to other parts staff.
- Assist at back counter and in Stockroom as directed or as needed; press tires as needed.
- Actively participate in Parts Department training and meetings.
- Perform various duties directly or indirectly associated with parts sales activity as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess a general understanding of, and familiarity with, machine parts and their functions.
- Able to communicate effectively with employees, manufacturers and vendors at all levels, in person, on the telephone or via electronic media.
- Willing to learn new computer programs, inventory procedures, parts manuals and price books.
- Willing to support all phases of the department and company as needed.
- Able to perform duties under minimal supervision, adjust to changes and demonstrate drive and initiative.
- Willing to continually learn new products and procedures.
- Able to manage time effectively.
- Knowledgeable in interpretation of parts manual and computer programs.
- Must be capable of learning all phases of the Parts Department operation with the desire to increase their responsibility as the need develops.
- Willing to work off-hours as specific needs dictate.
- Present a neat, professional appearance at all times.
- Maintain an organized and tidy work area.
- Be able to manage time effectively.
- Maintain a professional attitude in all matters.
- Willing and able to learn quickly and perform accurately and neatly with a degree of flexibility.
- Motivated to continuous self-development and training.
- Willing to comply with the employee handbook.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent. Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
We provide a competitive benefit package to include;
- Medical (Raymond Handling Solutions, Inc. contributes 65%!), dental, vision, Long and Short Term Disability
- Generous PTO package
- Flexible Spending Account,
- 8 paid holidays,
- 401k with company match,
- Monthly Employee Recognition Awards
- Great holiday gatherings & great company culture
Equal Opportunity Employer
Raymond Handling Solutions, Inc. Is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/V/D
Raymond Handling Solutions conducts pre-employment background and drug screening.
Back to top