Parts Sales Representative
- Phoenix, AZ
Raymond has been a leader in the material handling industry since its founding in 1922 in Greene, NY. We have stuck with our family orientation and retained the culture of establishing and maintaining lifelong relationships with our customers and employees.
You'll find our business customs to be refreshing in today's world. Much of our culture of doing business on a handshake, trusting our customers, suppliers, employees and our family orientation, comes from our family beginnings. We believe we not only have the best products but also the best sales, service and support team in the material handling industry today.
We strive to do our best for our customers every day. You'll find that we exclusively carry the most advanced lift truck fleet optimization systems and equipment that the material handling industry has to offer. Along with that, you'll find the staff to support it. We have the expertise to take your warehouse to the next level and we strongly believe you will be completely satisfied in your choice of Raymond Handling Solutions.
Our Mission Statement
At Raymond Handling Solutions and Handling Systems, we establish and maintain lifetime relationships by listening to our customer and satisfying their needs better than anyone else.
SUMMARY: A sales quota will be determined and mutually agreed upon by the Product Support Group Manager and the Parts sales representative (PSR). This quota is accomplished by calling on a blend of existing customers on a regular basis and developing new customers through cold calling within a defined geographical territory by selling the Parts Department's Raymond Parts, DuraSource and RBI (Raymond and Beyond) products, OTR (Other than Raymond) and services in accordance with established company prices and policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from sales leads, business directories, regular meetings and communication with CCM's and Parts Sales staff, all of whom assist in Identifying potential customers through recognition of "in house" maintenance plans which will benefit from our services.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular assigned and prospective customers; to solicit orders or talk with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Display and/or demonstrate products, using samples or catalog, flyers or product cut sheets and emphasize sellable features. Participate in product marketing plan through distribution of flyers, cut sheets, samples, etc.
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained. Distribute credit applications when applicable.
- Estimate the date of parts and product delivery to customers based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Sell, maintain and implement customer consignments and parts onsite programs. In addition, manage consignments inventory, obsolete inventory and restocking levels as directed by Parts Inventory Control manager or Parts Department Manager.
- While in assigned territory, make cold calls to solicit new business. Focus on a minimum of 10 new prospective customers per month. Follow up on cold calls by returning calls within one week from initial visit. Submit detailed call reports to the Aftermarket Sales Manager at the end of each month.
- Strive for professionalism by observing and complying with all Company regulations and policies. In addition, represents the company loyally, faithfully, and with integrity. Maintain close and friendly contact with all customers and prospects within the assigned territory.
- Hold all sales literature, price lists, and related material in a secure and confidential manner. Prevent such literature or material from being obtained by competitors.
- Willing to agree to changes in sales quotas or dollars sold as needs indicate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be proficient in the use of Word, Excel and the Company's ERP System effectively to process daily activities in a productive manner
- Present a neat, mature and responsible appearance.
- Willing to work off-hours as specific needs dictate.
- Maintain a professional attitude in all matters.
- Motivated to continuous self-development and training.
- Willing to assume more responsibility as required.
- Be able to deal pleasantly and effectively with all customers on the phone, in writing, and in person.
- Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision, but respond to rapidly varying input requirements.
- Demonstrate drive and initiative.
- Must be willing to comply with RHSI Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently and present weekly customer visitation plan.
- Self-confident and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Communicate with ALL technicians in your assigned area for business leads
- Good attendance record.
- Manage time effectively with the aid of paper or electronic media.
- Maintain a current Microsoft calendar and database of both active and prospective customers.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED). Minimum 1 year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 1 year demonstrated selling skills.
Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and read RHSI and specific customer's procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a current, valid unrestricted California Driver License and provide an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report as determined by our insurance carrier.
We provide a competitive benefit package to include;
- Medical (Raymond Handling Solutions, Inc. contributes 65%!), dental, vision, long and short term disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- 8 paid holidays,
- 401k with company match,
- Monthly Employee Recognition Awards
- Great holiday gatherings & great company culture
Equal Opportunity Employer
Raymond Handling Solutions, Inc. Is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/V/D
Raymond Handling Solutions conducts pre-employment/post offer background checks and drug screening.
Back to top