Heavy Equipment Truck Driver
- Portland, OR
Raymond Handling Concepts Corporation is looking for an experienced Heavy Equipment Transport Driver to join its winning team! This position is responsible for driving the Heavy-Duty Tractor and Trailer to pick up and deliver products that Raymond Handling Concepts sells and services.
- Driver will be on duty during normal working hours to operate a heavy-duty tractor and trailer. Driver picks up and delivers products that are sold and serviced by all departments within RHCC.
- Follow directions of the Rental Manager and/or the employee designated to dispatch the driver. Follow daily transportation schedule.
- Comply with all Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements; such as maintenance of driver's log book and random drug testing.
- Obtain customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery of product. Document damage and condition of equipment that is received or delivered.
- Update training and skills on a continuing basis.
- Follow all Rental Department procedures for asset movement, identification and storage.
- Complete all paperwork transactions in a timely, neat, and accurate fashion.
- Maintain a clean and orderly (inside and outside) vehicle.
- Always represent the company in a professional manner.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record as established by Raymond Handling Concepts Corp. insurance carrier.
- Report all accidents immediately, regardless of fault or situation.
- Account for 100% of available time during working hours.
- Must be willing to work overtime when necessary. All overtime must be assigned by supervisor.
- Must follow safety procedures and use good judgment regarding safety.
- Must be willing to drive safely with tall equipment requiring permit loads and double check all traffic routes.
- Must be willing to work out of town when necessary.
- Be able to establish and maintain a positive working relationship with customers, vendors and coworkers.
Experience and Skills
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. Minimum of 2 years driving experience handling Heavy Equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess current, valid, unrestricted Class A California driver license with no more than the allowable level of points on record as determined by our insurance carrier. This position requires someone who is self-motivated and able to manage time efficiently. Possess good organizational skills. Must be able to take direction. Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone, in writing and in person.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
RHCC provides competitive, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, flexible spending accounts, disability insurance, life insurance, personal time off, holiday pay and a great team to work with!
Check us out at www.raymondhandling.com . Raymond Handling Concepts has a great group of loyal and hardworking employees who help us maintain our exemplary level of sales and service.
Apply on-line via the submit resume button provided. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified persons to apply. We encourage qualified military veterans and persons with disabilities to submit their resume on line. We are a drug free company.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Back to top