Dock & Door Field Tech
- Ontario, CA
Raymond has been a leader in the material handling industry since its founding in 1922 in Greene, NY. We have stuck with our family orientation and retained the culture of establishing and maintaining lifelong relationships with our customers and employees.
You'll find our business customs to be refreshing in today's world. Much of our culture of doing business on a handshake, trusting our customers, suppliers, employees and our family orientation, comes from our family beginnings. We believe we not only have the best products but also the best sales, service and support team in the material handling industry today.
We strive to do our best for our customers every day. You'll find that we exclusively carry the most advanced lift truck fleet optimization systems and equipment that the material handling industry has to offer. Along with that, you'll find the staff to support it. We have the expertise to take your warehouse to the next level and we strongly believe you will be completely satisfied in your choice of Raymond Handling Solutions.
Our Mission Statement
At Raymond Handling Solutions and Handling Systems, we establish and maintain lifetime relationships by listening to our customer and satisfying their needs better than anyone else.
Raymond Handling Solutions is seeking Dock and Door Field Service Technicians of all levels to service, troubleshoot, and repair all types of dock leveler equipment that RHSI sells and services at customer locations. Prior mechanical work experience preferred but not required, mechanical ability is enough! We determine this through a series of interviews and pre-hire assessments.
Pay is based upon level of experience.
Once hired, you will enter our extensive training program.
Our Field Service Technicians are compensated for hours worked. A typical workweek consists of 40 or more hours of work (flag hours do not exist here!).
We provide competitive benefits to our employees such as paid holidays, three weeks paid personal time off (increasing with time), paid training, company van, gas card, apprentice tool kit, and company uniforms to name just a few.
When you decide to become a Raymond Dock and Door Field Service Technician, it is not just a job; it is a career choice.
The primary objectives of a Field Dock & Door Technician are: 1) the proficient repair and service of the customer's loading dock and commercial door equipment, 2) to maintain good communication and working relationships with customers, peers, and management, 3) to represent and sell the entire company, 4) to be profitable with direct labor billing, 5) work within all safety guidelines established by RHSI and OSHA.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Repair all types of dock leveler equipment that RHSI sells and services.
- Maintain a profitable billing level and complete jobs within quoted time limits when applicable.
- Follow all service department procedures.
- Communicate with assigned Field Supervisor.
- Have the necessary tools to perform repairs and scheduled service work.
- Maintain an accurate assigned parts inventory, if applicable.
- Represent the company favorably in all situations.
- Establish a positive rapport with customers.
- Perform other specified duties and projects as assigned by the Service management.
- Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting skills is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Hydraulics and/or Pneumatic systems.
- A successful track record of employment
- An aggressive commitment to achieving success
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently
- Availability to work overtime and occasional on call shifts
- A professional demeanor
- A superior level of customer service that promotes goodwill between the company, customer, and other associates.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with personal computers, MS Windows or similar system, familiarity with internet and email functions. Must be able to use a keyboard to enter data accurately.
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Physical Requirements :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be arranged to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Raymond Handling Solutions, Inc. Is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/V/D
Back to top