Dock & Door Field Tech
- Phoenix, AZ
We are a full service materials handling company. What does that mean? We do everything within the four walls of a warehouse from selling, leasing and renting our forklifts to designing and building conveyor systems and racking. Think about it, everything that you wear, sit on, drive and eat has been touched by a forklift. It's simple.
SUMMARY: The primary objectives of the Service technician are (1) the proficient repair and service of the customer's equipment, (2) to maintain good communication and working relationships with customers, peers and management, (3) to represent and sell the entire company, (4) to be profitable with direct labor billing, (5) work within all safety guidelines established by HSI and OSHA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Repair all types of equipment that RHSI sells and services.
- Update training and skills on a continuing basis.
- Train other employees as needed.
- Maintain a profitable billing level.
- Follow all Service Department procedures.
- Communicate with assigned Field Supervisor.
- Complete all service documentation in a timely, accurate fashion.
- Communicate all options to customers before proceeding with work.
- Have the necessary tools to perform repair and scheduled service work.
- Complete jobs within quoted time limits when applicable.
- Maintain a clean and orderly (inside and outside) vehicle.
- Maintain an accurate assigned parts inventory, if applicable.
- Represent the company favorably in all situations.
- Pass all available certifications appropriate to the position.
- Maintain good working knowledge of customers and equipment in assigned areas.
- Report all accidents promptly, regardless of fault.
- Account for 100% of available time during working hours.
- Must be willing to work overtime when necessary.
- Coordinate all overtime with assigned supervisor.
- Must follow all procedures in the company's Employee Handbook.
- Must follow safety procedures and use good judgment in regards to safety.
- Must be willing to work out of town as necessary.
- Establish a positive rapport with customers.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by the Service management.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage time efficiently.
- Must be customer oriented.
- Able to exhibit professional behavior at all times.
- Willing to follow mandates and procedures of the Service Department.
- Self starter
- Ability to deal with customers on a face to face basis
- Maintain a sound working relationship with other technicians and fellow workers
- Possess good organizational skills
- Must pass or possess all available certificates appropriate to the position.
- Possess sound working knowledge of basic D.C. electricity, basic A.C. electricity.
- Possess sound welding skills with a primary focus on arc as well as torch skills.
- Must be able to take direction.
- Must be able to communicate by telephone, in writing, and in person.
- Possess sound working knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Possess sound mechanical abilities.
- Be able to organize efficiently.
- Maintain a clean, neat professional appearance.
- Be able to work cooperatively with peers and other departments as needed.
- Be willing and able to learn quickly and perform accurately and neatly with a degree of flexibility.
- Motivated to continuous self-development and training.
- Willing to assume more responsibility as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Minimum of 3 years breakdown experience or comparable service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We provide a competitive benefit package to include;
- Medical, dental, vision, Long and Short Term Disability
- Generous PTO package
- Flexible Spending Account
- 8 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Monthly Employee Recognition Awards
- Great holiday gatherings & great company culture
HSI provides competitive, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, flexible spending accounts, disability insurance, life insurance, personal time off, holiday pay and a great team to work with!
Check us out at www.handlingsystems.com . Handling Systems Inc. has a great group of loyal and hardworking employees who help us maintain our exemplary level of sales and service.
Apply on-line via the submit resume button provided. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified persons to apply. We encourage qualified military veterans and persons with disabilities to submit their resume on line. We are a drug free company.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Back to top