Business Development Representative
- San Diego, CA
For over 65 years Raymond Handling Solutions has been leading the industry in quality products, expert service and unprecedented support. We are one of the largest Raymond dealers in North America. Raymond Handling Solutions pushes the boundaries of performance in the material handling industry. From advanced forklift technology to system integration, our dealership sets itself apart from the rest. Whether you are negotiating with Fortune 500 companies, solving space challenges for small businesses, or servicing an old piece of equipment, we develop new business opportunities by increasing the use of our product offerings. There is not a limit on the amount of money you are able to earn.
The Business Development Representative provides a vital communication and sales link between our customers and our company to insure continuing customer satisfaction. The Business Development Representative is responsible for making cold calls in order to discover new business opportunities in our market. The Business Development Representative will work with senior Account Managers to develop leads and sell materials handling equipment.
This position requires the majority of your time be in the field seeking new customers. The territory for this position will be in the San Diego-Tijuana region. It is essential to be fluent in English and Spanish. Must be able to cross the US/Mexico border without restrictions.
Independently, the Business Development Representative will have the opportunity to sell pallet trucks, catalog items and can introduce rental equipment.
The BDR also provides an outreach to users of our equipment who are not currently using our service or buying our parts in an effort to secure this business.
Each BDR has a defined territory, which is his or her area of responsibility. The BDR has the responsibility for all current and potential customers within this defined area, both Raymond and non-Raymond equipment users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Make cold-calls & warm calls and meeting with existing Raymond customers
- Identify business opportunities through resources such as newspapers, Dunn and Bradstreet and internet sources. Network with commercial real estate companies and Chambers of Commerce
- Generate sales leads through literature drops, mail, e-mail and campaigns
- Increase market awareness through cold-calling
- Create and manage prospective customer database
- Digitize all contacts through Outlook for mail merge campaigns
- Work closely with Marketing Department to develop new customers
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiarity with all types of equipment Raymond Material Handling Solutions, Inc. sells and services.
- Ability to deal with difficult people or circumstances with positive outcome.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing to attend seminars and classes to update/improve various skills.
- Capable of making sound decisions.
- Present a neat, professional appearance.
- Able to use time efficiently.
- Capable of effective written communication.
- Capable of communicating with people at all levels of management at Raymond Handling Solutions, Inc. as well as with customer management.
- Willing to work odd hours when necessary.
- Able to work in conjunction with other departments as needed.
- Willing and able to learn quickly and perform accurately and neatly with a degree of flexibility.
- Motivated to continuous self-development and training.
- Willing to assume more responsibility as required.
- Willing to comply with the employee handbook and policies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
College degree (BA, BS) required, or three years related industry experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
Raymond Handling Solutions, Inc. Is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/V/D
Back to top