Battery Watering Technician - Field
- Phoenix, AZ
We are a full service materials handling company. What does that mean? We do everything within the four walls of a warehouse from selling, leasing and renting our forklifts to designing and building conveyor systems and racking.
SUMMARY: Performs scheduled maintenance, fault diagnosis and repairs on industrial batteries and chargers in a field environment. Plans and coordinates activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Travels to customer sites to evaluate, diagnose, and repair customer's equipment.
- Removes and disassembles cells and inspects parts to detect defects.
- Replaces defective parts, reassembles battery, and fuses lead parts with gas torch.
- Fills cells with acid solution and determines specific gravity of solution.
- Washes, cleans, and neutralizes customer's batteries at customer's location.
- Installs new or modified equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Troubleshoot and repairs chargers.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Maintains records of performance reports.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; or industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous customer service experience in field support.
- A basic mechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
- Able to read and comprehend manuals, procedures, and other written documents written in English.
- Able to solve simple formulas and do basic math.
- Able and willing to travel to customer sites.
- Able and willing to operate a forklift truck.
- Must be able to do overnight travel.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record with minimal traffic violations.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a daily continuous basis.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and the Internet.
Weekdays (Monday through Friday) 7:00 am to 4:00 pm (or variable as required).
We provide a competitive benefit package to include;
- Medical, dental, vision, Long and Short Term Disability
- Generous PTO package
- Flexible Spending Account
- 8 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Monthly Employee Recognition Awards
Equal Opportunity Employer
Handling Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/V/D
Back to top