Technical Support Engineer I
- Belfast, United Kingdom
Are you passionate about delighting your customers and helping them solve complex application issues? Are you the person who enjoys technical challenges and thrives to learn and develop skills beyond expectations? Then you are the right person to join our unique support team!
As a Technical Support Engineer, you provide premier support to a wide range of technical customers. Alongside the Support team you will use your expertise and knowledge to help solve application problems for our valued customers. This position is full-time and based in our office in Dublin.
- Investigate client issues in partnership with the end user and provide solutions/workarounds to the satisfaction of the customer
- Collaborate cross-functionally to deliver exceptional customer experience
- Document, share and help retain knowledge
- Continuously increase qualifications and remain up to date with the industry technologies
- Solve problems
- Experience in technical support or related experience, particularly customer facing
- Skills in computer networks (understanding TCP/IP concepts, troubleshooting, understanding security concepts etc.)
- Skills in administration of various operating systems (in particular Windows and Linux)
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of cloud computing (in particular AWS, but others are welcome as well)
Nice to Haves
- Qualifications in the realm of computer networks and security or related
- Proficiency with Rapid7 products and similar applications
- Certifications in relevant areas (e.g. Network+, Security+, Linux+)
- Knowledge of SQL and database administration
- Experience in RESTful APIs
- Understanding of SaaS application development lifecycle
What's in it for you?
- Attractive Salary
- Competitive Pension employer contribution
- Generous holiday allowance
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Life and disability insurance
- Budget for additional education/development
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay schemes
- Healthy (and some unhealthy) snacks and drinks plus regular office breakfast and lunches
- Monthly outings/Summer party/Christmas party
We strive to promote a culture of overall wellness within our offices and offer:
- qualified mental health first aiders on site
- access to online GP 24/7, 365 days a year
- free onsite mortgage advice to promote financial wellness
- sponsorship for sporting/charity events
We appreciate that during the pandemic you may not feel comfortable seeking a new position within a new company however Rapid7 have put measures in place to ensure the safety of our Moose. The successful candidate for this role will start working with us on a remote basis and will work remote until further notice from Rapid7 Executives based on information and advise from our Local Government.
Rapid7 is a leading provider of security data and analytics solutions that enable organizations to implement an active, analytics-driven approach to cyber security. We combine our extensive experience in security data and analytics and deep insight into attacker behaviors and techniques to make sense of the wealth of data available to organizations about their IT environments and users. Our solutions empower organizations to prevent attacks by providing visibility into vulnerabilities and to rapidly detect compromises, respond to breaches, and correct the underlying causes of attacks. Rapid7 is trusted by more than 7,800 organizations across 120 countries, including 52% of the Fortune 1000. To learn more about Rapid7 or get involved in our threat research, visit www.rapid7.com.
Back to top