Technical Account Manager
- Los Angeles, CA
Rapid7 is a leading provider of security data and analytics solutions that enable organizations to implement an active, analytics-driven approach to cyber security. We combine our extensive experience in security data and analytics and deep insight into attacker behaviors and techniques to make sense of the wealth of data available to organizations about their IT environments and users. Our solutions empower organizations to prevent attacks by providing visibility into vulnerabilities and to rapidly detect compromises, respond to breaches, and correct the underlying causes of attacks.
Rapid7 is trusted by more than 7400 organizations across 120 countries, including 52% of the Fortune 1000.
Rapid7 is looking for a self-starting, action-oriented, and highly motivated Technical Account Manager to join our team. The team's mission is to ensure our customers realize the full business value from their vulnerability management program. As a Technical Account Manager (TAM), you will be responsible for managing the technical relationship between Rapid7 and its large enterprise and federal customers. As a trusted advisor, the TAM will manage the technical success of these customers by leveraging their strong technical and product knowledge to guide customers in the successful deployment and use of Rapid7 products within their respective organizations. By maintaining a long-term relationship with their customers, a TAM gains an understanding of their customers' IT organizations' impact on overall business, their security goals, and their pain points - which is used by the TAM to create an account plan ensuring their customers' operational success with Rapid7 products. Successful candidates will have technical and account management experience.
This role may require up to 10% travel.
- Provide product technical support for assigned accounts.
- Understand client's business objectives/impact and apply your expertise to timely resolve issues and ensure customer success.
- Act as a technical owner to assigned accounts, working with the customer through planning and execution needs as required.
- Go beyond break-fix support by becoming a true technical partner to the customers and help shape their strategy and security programs.
- Meet regularly with strategic clients, both remotely and on-site, to review support interactions, system status, major issues, upcoming releases, best practices, and drive forward looking security programs.
- Be the advocate and voice for customer requirements and challenges within various teams at Rapid7.
- Direct crisis and incident response, working with the Customer Success team, other support teams and engineering teams to ensure timely resolution, while communicating effectively with customers.
- Maintain strong technical knowledge of Rapid7's product offerings and be able to mentor staff on best practices, preferred configurations, and next steps for customer issues.
- 5+ years of industry experience in a technical account manager, professional services, sales engineer, or support engineer role with exposure to multiple networking and security technologies.
- Knowledge of project management and strong account management skills.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Linux, including supporting Linux-based applications
- 3+ years of Networking experience
- Very strong customer service and excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies.
- Standout colleague who thrives in a team environment and can also make decisions independently.
- Strong drive to look at challenges and help define solutions.
Nice to Have
- CISSP, CISSP, CEH, Security+, OSCP or similar certifications is a plus.
- SQL experience is a plus
- Scripting language experience is a plus
- Proficiency with Rapid7 or similar products is a plus.
- Penetration Testing is a plus
- 1+ years of Security experience
Back to top