Sr. Devops Engineer
- Boston, MA
At Rapid7, you'll join a world class team of thinkers and problem solvers building a modern security platform to help customers easily manage and reduce risk. We prioritize individual growth and team collaboration over ego and attitude, while building products that solve the world's toughest security challenges. We're seeking a highly motivated technical leader to help ensure our platform is secure, reliable and available for thousands of customers that rely on it every day.
You'll work closely with our product teams to help establish, build, and maintain standards and best-practices for operationalizing the Insight Platform, running inside the AWS cloud. You'll partner deeply with a local team of engineers, UX designers, product managers, and more to understand priorities, maintain infrastructure, and mentor and train those around you with the help of your years of experience and desire to help others.
What you'll do
As a cloud infrastructure engineer, you'll be responsible for applying best practices, helping to build up and improve system health visibility, keeping on top of updates and security issues with critical infrastructure components.
Successful candidates aren't just good at writing yaml or running terraform, but have a demonstrated focus on solving customer problems, especially when those customers are the engineers you're working closely with. You should love being challenged by your work, with a desire to ship and iterate on infrastructure, as well as an emphasis on collaboration, communication, and growth. You are a developer at heart, but possess a wide range of skills across networking, Linux sysadmin, configuration management, clustered datastores, cloud services and deployment technologies. Specifically for a senior role, you should be looking to demonstrate your value in the work you enable others to achieve, and not just your own output. You should enjoy learning from those around you as much as you enjoy teaching others about what you've learned.
The Platform Delivery team is a high-profile group that supports all Rapid7 products through DevOps tooling and cloud operations. As a cloud infrastructure engineer, you'll join the Platform Delivery on-call rotation - our engineers don't just throw problems over the wall, they're on the front lines helping to diagnose and debug issues alongside our infrastructure folks. We strive to maintain a DevOps culture, empowering development while promoting security and reliability.
You'll work directly with, but not limited to, the following technologies:
- AWS (EC2, RDS, VPC networking, S3, etc.)
You need to be...
- Someone with a "grab a shovel" attitude, where you're excited to dig in and get your hands dirty working with your peers.
- Someone with an extreme focus on communication and collaboration as first-class tools in your arsenal to get things done.
- Focused on shipping solutions to problems, not just containers.
- Comfortable with Linux based operating systems and tooling.
- Experienced scaling SaaS services and infrastructure (5+ years)
- Willing to learn, and willing to teach. Everyone brings something new to the team, and we want to learn from you as much as we want to grow you as an engineer and a team member.
- Monitor and scale distributed services in AWS and clustered datastores such as Cassandra
- Participate in sustainable on-call incident response followed by blameless postmortems
It would be great if you...
- Have personal and community driven experience managing and maintaining kubernetes clusters in the wild.
- Are comfortable leading projects holistically - managing the technical details, organizing and planning infrastructural work, and helping others understand the priorities and needs of that work.
Back to top