We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer II - Frontend to join our growing Product Engineering Team. This person should bring deep curiosity about all areas of technology, creating world-class user experiences, as well as specific expertise in the frontend technologies listed below, cloud technologies, and efficient, beautifully designed, clean, and maintainable code. This individual will play a foundational role in architecting and developing new innovative user interfaces and experiences for our cloud automation platform, as well as guiding and mentoring more junior developers.
About the Team
In this position, you'll be joining our Cloud Identity and Access Management Team - a small cross-functional team focused on building out our relatively new IAM feature. Because our management - both in and outside of our team - have technical backgrounds, our engineers spend very little time "managing up" and instead are focused on what matters - building excellent products with passionate and friendly peers.
- Collaborate with Product and Design leads to develop and iteratively improve our product's UI.
- Help define, design, implement, and test highly interactive components and features.
- Create data visualizations based on a keen understanding of the underlying data.
- Participate in and lead code reviews.
- Help lead research and development efforts to ensure continual innovation.
- Mentor junior developers and peers.
- Code, code, and more code!
- 3 + years of experience as a software developer.
- In-depth knowledge of testing UI code.
- Expert knowledge of CSS layout techniques.
- A solid understanding of modern web standards and best practices.
- Experience building responsive applications.
- Expert understanding of client-side optimization techniques.
- Basic knowledge of public/private cloud computing technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, OpenStack and VMware.
- Basic understanding of Docker / Container-based technologies.
- Ability to self-direct, highly motivated, collaborative, high-energy and diligent work ethic.
- A love for beautiful user interfaces that are highly functional.
- ReactiveX/RxJS experience - our client-side code is deeply dependent on this technology
- Angular - our current frontend framework
- NGRX/Redux - our reactive state store
- Docker expertise
- An eye for detail