Software Engineer II (Backend) - Security Orchestration and Automation
What You'll Be Building
Rapid7's Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) product - InsightConnect - is a cloud-based, microservice architecture designed to connect the dozens of services, tools, and assets in modern organisations. We are focused on helping our customers improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their security program through automating their most frequent and critical tasks.
We are looking for a motivated backend Software Engineer to join a new team dedicated to enhancing the capabilities of the Insight platform through the embedding of orchestration capabilities with extensible components to give customers easy access and great experiences around automating their Detection & Response and Vulnerability Management programs.
Our product is built on top of a breadth of AWS services, Golang-based backend, and Kubernetes deployment. As a team focused on embedding and increasing the reach of Orchestration and Automation, you'll have the opportunity to work on varying technologies and products with an emphasis on building robust web services and features to extend our SOAR offering. This is an exciting opportunity to build and integrate with an innovative stack that will impact an emerging security space where creativity and fast-paced innovation are valued.
- We focus on cross-functional team collaboration where engineers, product managers, and designers all work together to solve customer problems and build exciting features.
- We love new ideas and are eager to see what your experiences can bring to help influence our technical and product outcomes.
- Team members are located in our Boston office, remote throughout the United States, and a soon to be full team based out of our Belfast office. Frequent communication through daily standup, weekly planning, and design sessions is key!
- Our stack includes Golang, Python, React, and a variety of AWS services. While past experience in our stack - particularly Golang and AWS - is beneficial, we are willing to get any eager engineer looking to learn something new up to speed.
Also, take a look at this article outlining Rapid7's brand new office and continued growth plans in Belfast City Centre
What You Should Bring
- The desire to understand our customer needs in order to build great user experiences
- Professional experience of 2+ years minimum with Golang, Java, or similar languages with an interest to grow your Golang skills
- Hands-on experience with cloud services and source controlled infrastructure tools such as Terraform
- A commitment to collaborate with others; this team will need open and consistent communication with other SOAR and product teams
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced and frequently evolving environment; never a dull moment!
- A passion to constantly learn and improve your skills
What's in it for You?
- Work with a talented and supportive team focused on solving interesting problems
- Work with cutting edge technologies
- Exposure to collaborate with teams across the entire company
- Be given the time to learn and influence; we want engineers that are constantly looking to broaden their skill set and finding ways to apply it in their day to day
- Build brand new features and web services from the ground up
- Be part of an emerging product where you can make an impact on day one