- Arlington, VA
Are you passionate about growing and supporting teams of threat analysts? How about leading the charge against adversaries across a dynamic target base? As a SOC Lead on Rapid7's Managed Detection and Response team, you will lead a group of extremely talented, driven, and creative front line analysts performing real-time analysis of threats targeting our customers.
Rapid7's Managed Detection and Response service works to detect breaches, respond and investigate attacker activity, and help our customers improve their abilities to deal with threats. Our MDR analysts pride themselves on their ability to think critically, adapt to constantly changing attack methodologies, and deliver top-notch Threat Detection and Incident Response services.
- Provide guidance, goals, and assistance to a team of world-class analysts in a 24x7 setting.
- Serve as a technical escalation point for these analysts, to include assistance with advanced threat analysis, best practices, incident response and other operational issues.
- Maintain scheduling and shifts to ensure 24x7x365 coverage.
- Collaborate closely with MDR operations teams in other Rapid7 SOCs.
- Assist in the development of analyst-enablement programs to promote career and capability growth for analysts.
- Collaborate with MDR customers and Customer Advisors to balance customer requests with analyst operations.
- Promote healthy, positive work habits and environments to reduce analyst fatigue and increase collaboration between analyst teams and locations.
- 2+ years of professional management or team lead experience, preferably in SOC/CIRT environments.
- Experience with common cybersecurity tools and techniques.
- Up-to-date knowledge of attacker techniques, tools, and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, CIS or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior SOC management experience.
- Prior incident response or threat analysis experience.
Back to top