Senior Software Engineer - IVM
- Belfast, United Kingdom
Senior Software Engineer (IVM)
Join the SecOps software revolution at Rapid7, building amazing products with the latest technologies. We are looking for a creative and highly-motivated problem solver, someone who enjoys mentoring their team mates based on their own experience to join a new team of contributors for InsightVM in Belfast. IVM is a cloud and on-premise hybrid application that scans for and manages vulnerabilities found in our customer's environments.
What you'll do
What you'll bring
- The desire to do it all; research, design, build, test and own.
- Be creative; we build shared tooling and solutions.
- Be collaborative; work with teams across the globe as well as with your team-mates.
- Be inquisitive; always asking questions, learning and trying new technologies.
- Be a mentor; take the time to share your experience with others.
- Be a leader; do right by your team and inspire others to be their best.
- 4+ years of software development
- Object-Oriented design & programming, preferably Java / Spring
- Relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
- Have been in a previous role providing mentorship and oversight to other engineers
- Web application development
- Build tools such as maven or gradle
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Test Driven Development
What's in it for You?
- Be part of a great technical environment
- Be challenged on new and interesting projects
- Work with cutting edge technologies
- Contribute to all parts of the product architecture from design to deployment.
- Be both student and teacher to everyone you work with in a culture that focuses on intellectual curiosity and development.
- Build brand new features from the ground up that are core to the business.
- Have your voice heard! Think a process isn't working or a feature needs a better design/experience? We want to make things better, people around you will listen and help make it happen.
Back to top