Sales Manager, Named Accounts
- Boston, MA
Rapid7 (NASDAQ: RPD) is helping organizations around the globe advance securely. Our technology, services, and community-focused research simplify complexity for security teams, helping them reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. With more than 9000 customers across 120+ countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture. Learn more at www.rapid7.com .
Driven by results and defined by excellence, the Sales Manager,Named Accounts - West is responsible for a team of sellers covering West Coast customers. Supported by sales engineers, a channel team, business strategy and enablement, marketing and product team, the ideal candidate is an unstoppable dynamo focused on teamwork, fun, and success.The Sales Manager,Named Accounts - West will be tasked with managing up to 5 reps that will be selling our award-winning offerings to companies up to $1 Billion in size.
- Responsible to build upon and develop an existing sales team responsible for hyper-growth in the white hot security industry
- Manage a sales team responsible for selling the Rapid7 Threat Exposure Management to accounts based on the West Coast .
- Strategize with the team on positioning for high level vulnerability management products.
- Recruit, enable and train new hires to the team
- Proactively look for new revenue generating opportunities
- Work with new hires in developing and being proficient in the Rapid7 sales methodology materials and current product knowledge
- A solid professional, with 5+ years of experience in a quota carrying software sales experience
- 5+ years sales management experience
- Security industry experience preferred but not required
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members
- Proven record of success, and the understanding of both the customer buying process and the sales methodology
- Accountable for business growth and target attainment through accurate pipeline management and forecasting
- A natural ability to build strong relationships to ensure growth by leveraging channel partners and the broader security community
- A charismatic leader, who can attract talent, takes pride in individual growth and has the ability to grow the team into the next phase of their development
- The ability to work cross functionally with Product Marketing, Engineering, Customer Success, People Strategy, etc.
- Up to 25% travel is required for this role
Back to top