Practice Advisor, Vulnerability Risk Management
Rapid7 (NASDAQ: RPD) is helping organizations around the globe advance securely. Our technology, services, and community-focused research simplify complexity for security teams, helping them reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. With more than 9000 customers across 120+ countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture. Learn more at www.rapid7.com.
By continuously improving our technology, stemming the creation of risk in the community, and making security more usable and accessible, Rapid7 enables technology professionals to gain the clarity, command, and confidence they need to safely drive innovation and protect against risk. Our product suite helps organizations to quickly predict, deter, detect, and remediate attacks and obstacles to productivity.
Rapid7 is looking for a passionate, energetic, and proven senior security leader to join our growing Vulnerability Risk Management (VRM) customer practice. In this role, you will bring your hands-on experience building and running successful security teams with responsibility for a VRM Program and share it with Rapid's current and prospective customers. In addition, as a member of theVRM Practice leadership team, you will share your learnings from engaging with our customers back into the practice to help guide our technology and service evolution in order to meet the ever-changing needs of our customers. This is an amazing opportunity to be an advocate both internally and externally and to be a key participant in Rapid7's mission to help our customers achieve their security outcomes.
- Own the definition and ongoing evolution of the customer outcomes for the Vulnerability Risk Management practice across all products and services within the practice area
- Provide leadership in the practice team in the form of offering the practitioner and CISO view of challenges, goals and desired outcomes to inform product, support and go-to-customer decision making
- Be a VM program expert and thought leader, advising and counseling our prospect and customer CISO's and security teams on world class program development and best practices
- Have experience with the evolution of VRM Programs and their coverage of applications, public cloud environments, containers, and IoT/OT
- Partner with Rapid7 executive, sales, marketing, customer success and product teams in the management of the Rapid7 strategy and programs to help customers improve their security programs and security outcomes
- Develop and continuously update Rapid7 recommended cybersecurity strategies that leverage Rapid7 technologies, services, and threat information for improved security outcomes
- Maintain an expert understanding of the IT threat landscape for the industry, leveraging the Rapid7 research
- Provide training and mentoring to internal teams and cross-functional team members across the Rapid7 customer engagement and service lifecycle
- Identify and share industry best practices within the VRM Practice and across all Rapid7 support teams
- Work across practice advisors in the Rapid7 teams to build cross-functional capabilities and offerings, including product improvements, security consulting offerings, and other Rapid7 offerings like training, playbooks, etc.
- Present to and engage with prospects, customers, and the security community at large, including C-level executives, both to continue to inform and evolve our security program strategy and to drive awareness and give back to the security community
Traits and Qualifications
- 8-10+ years enterprise security experience
- 2-3+ years experience as Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) or similar practitioner leadership role
- Boston, MA or Austin, TX location preferred, but not required
- Willingness to travel up to 50% (when safe and appropriate)
- Possess the ability to be a cybersecurity expert, and demonstrate deep security domain knowledge and expertise, with experience working with cross-team/matrixed organizations influencing multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Become an expert on all of Rapid7's products and services
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills with proven executive-level engagement and coaching
- Commitment to speaking and/or contributing content at conferences, trade shows, and industry events
- BS Engineering / CS / MIS Degree (graduate work a plus) preferred
Back to top