MDR IR Consultant
- Dublin, Ireland
Rapid7's Managed Services enables our customers to drive security success in spite of limited resources or skills. Our customers range from small business to enterprise organisations, enabling them to elevate their security program without needing to find the time, talent, and technology. We bring cutting-edge Rapid7 solutions, process expertise, customised tools, and human expertise to help customers find prioritise risk reduction and remediate attacks. Our offerings include Managed Application Security, Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and Managed Vulnerability Management. Want to have an impact on a number of organisation's security, drive scale in an exciting managed services business, and influence broader Rapid7 solutions? Then come join the Rapid7 Managed team!
About the MDR Team:
Rapid7 Managed Detection and Response (MDR) is built from the ground up to bring driven and the passionate security talent face to face with emerging threats, practical challenges, and evil at scale. Our MDR service uses an impact-driven mindset to focus efforts on effective solutions, encouraging personal and technical innovation within the SOC. MDR provides 24/7/365 monitoring, threat hunting, incident response, and more with a focus on endpoint detection and behavioural intelligence.
About the Role:
Rapid7 is looking for an experienced Incident Responder to work alongside the MDR analyst team to respond to active incidents, investigate historical breaches and support our threat hunting and response capabilities. Our Incident Response team pride themselves on their ability to think critically, adapt to constantly changing attack methodologies, deliver top-notch Incident Response services and help our customers improve their programs. Are you prepared to take on today's most sophisticated attackers?
This is a private industry position and does not require any level of government security clearance.
- Deliver world-class incident response services for Rapid7 customers
- Lead incident simulations, help customers assess their ability to respond to major threats
- Advise clients on security best practices and attack mitigation strategies
- Contribute to incident response and threat hunting program development, support special projects.
- Mentor and guide security analysts, assist in knowledge sharing, skills development and support the MDR service
- Assist in capturing and deploying knowledge of attack methodologies
- Drive research initiatives to further threat detection capabilities and brand reputation through media interaction, public speaking, and blogs
- Provide continuous input to Rapid7 product development teams
- Actively participate within Rapid7 Community and Security industry as advocate and advisor
- 3+ years of professional services delivery and experience leading Incident Response investigations
- Experience using security applications such as Security Information and Event (SIEM)/ Log Management systems, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), IDS/IPS, DFIR tools, or similar incident response and digital forensics tools
- Experience with network analysis, endpoint analysis, malware analysis, threat hunting and incident response
- Experience in enterprise security and how various technologies and processes work together for increasing threat detection and streamlining incident response
- Proven ability to build relationships with and understand business needs of customers and deliver demonstrable value
- Capable of mentoring security analysts at all levels, experience of SOC operations or solid understanding of MDR operations and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or significant relevant security experience in lieu of an academic degree
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrable passion for cybersecurity
- Willingness to travel 25%
Back to top