Enterprise Account Executive - Southeast
- Flexible / Remote
Rapid7 (NASDAQ: RPD) is helping organizations around the globe advance securely. Our technology, services, and community-focused research simplify complexity for security teams, helping them reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. With more than 9000 customers across 120+ countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture. Learn more at www.rapid7.com .
We looking for someone to sell into Fortune 500 accounts covering North Carolina and South Carolina.
Rapid7 is looking for a experienced Enterprise Account Executives to join our Enterprise Accounts sales team, accelerating our growth within the Fortune 500. While we have a strong presence in the Fortune 500, we are looking to elevate our profile within our most strategic accounts and become a trusted advisor to the world's biggest and most beloved companies and brands. The Enterprise Account Account Executive will run an individual territory of named accounts with expectations to manage the full sales lifecycle from demand generation through deal closure, while building out a go-to-market plan of direct sales and through leveraging channel partnerships.
This role is the apex of a sales career at Rapid7. The Enterprise Account Account Executive is tasked with earning trusted advisor status at both the User and the Executive levels within their key accounts, and will represent a small, select group among a large and diverse sales team.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of achievement against quota attainment, with an average deal size of $500K+ while showing the ability to be both highly transactional, i.e. "Land and Expand", as well as strategic, i.e. "Platform Deals".
How We Set You Up For Success
- Best-in-class sales enablement training: a two week training program focused around an introduction to our industry and how to sell our security products.
- Follow-up training and coaching sessions paired with sales process and methodology training.
- Expanded portfolio of products to sell! DivvyCloud joined the Rapid7 family in April 2020 as a wholly-owned subsidiary and is a leader in CSPM (cloud security posture management); their platform greatly complements Rapid7's customer-focused mission to empower companies to innovate while creating a more secure future.
- A ramp quota that is designed to prioritize your development and training in order to have a successful, long-term tenure with the organization.
- Access to tools such as DiscoverOrg and LinkedIn Sales Navigator in order to remain competitive and uncover new business opportunities.
- Support and transparent communication from the sales leadership team, including 1-on-1 coaching and feedback from your direct manager.
- The opportunity to act as a consultative seller over the phone to both current and prospective Rapid7 customers and receive real-time feedback from your manager who will sit in close proximity.
- An opportunity to build equity within the organization, including a clear promotion path and an employee stock purchase plan.
- Partnership opportunities with cross-functional teams to help fuel your development and continue to secure new customers, including the marketing, sales engineering, and legal teams, among others.
- The ability to travel and be onsite with customers for QBR's, trade shows, and in-person meetings.
To be successful in this role, you ideally have:
- 8-10 years of experience successfully selling enterprise software to decision makers in Fortune 500 companies.
- Ability to work a named account list remotely, while being willing to travel to meet with large distributed teams in various cities throughout the US.
- Track record of Quota and Presidents Club attainment selling both new and existing products. Experience closing seven figure enterprise software deals leveraging internal and external partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new products and solutions.
- Ability to drive consensus between multiple buyers within each assigned account and develop champions to target the Economic Buyer - i.e. get "high and wide".
- Understand customer decision criteria for budgeted and unbudgeted needs. Inspires confidence in prospective buyers.
- Ability to have strategic, business-oriented conversation at the VP and CISO level. Able to convey technical differentiators and link those differentiators to business value.
- Command of the forecast and sales process - reliably knows where she/he is in the sales process and whether/when to move opportunity into best case or commit for the quarter.
- Intellectual Curiosity - will research each account in territory and use that research to develop a hypothesis about how the solution will likely create value for the prospect.
- Probing and Discovery - able to ask second and third-level probing questions.
- Objection handling - ability to deal with concerns in a way that politely challenges the prospect to reconsider.
- Will become a member of and get involved in local/regional ISSA and ISACA Chapter Meetings in the key cities within the territory.
- We offer an extensive set of benefits including:
- Competitive salaries and an employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, and HSA.
- A flexible vacation policy and commuter benefits.
- 401(k) match program.
- 12 weeks of maternity leave paid at 100% of eligible compensation (base salary and bonus/variable) and 4 weeks of non-primary parental leave paid at 100% of eligible compensation (base salary and bonus/variable).
Back to top