Director, Software Engineering
- Los Angeles, CA
Director, Engineering - Vulnerability Risk Management
Rapid7 (NADSQ: RPD) is helping organizations around the globe advance securely. Our technology, services, and community-focused research simplify complexity for security teams, helping them reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. With more than 9000 customers across 120+ countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture. Learn more at www.rapid7.com .
By continuously improving our technology, stemming the creation of risk in the community, and making security more usable and accessible, Rapid7 enables technology professionals to gain the clarity, command, and confidence they need to safely drive innovation and protect against risk. Our product suite helps organizations to quickly predict, deter, detect, and remediate attacks and obstacles to productivity.
Rapid7's Vulnerability Risk Management (VRM) team is seeking a Engineering Director to lead the strategy and development of our Vulnerability Scanning/Content and Offensive Security content product suites (InsightVM/Nexpose/AttackerKB/Metasploit Framework/Metasploit Pro). Our VRM team is building the most comprehensive security content strategy in the market and this role will be a fundamental part of continuing to evolve the vision and leading the engineering team to execute.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone with deep knowledge and passion for defensive and offensive security topics who wants to apply it within a high-caliber, security-minded team to scale operations, and strategize around adoption and impact of these products to help our customers achieve positive business outcomes.
Along with having a tremendous passion for security, you are someone who helps develop talent and recognizes gaps and/or needs for the organization. You have in-depth experience in and thrive on collaborating across functions and are capable of building a compelling vision others are motivated to follow and execute on. You are willing to challenge the status quo, find inefficiencies in systems and fix them, but also have the ability to balance your point of view with different perspectives to push for the best company outcome.
In this role, you will:
- Be the go-to product leader for VRM's security content strategy, enabling Rapid7 to continue being a thought leader in security research as well as maintaining trust with our customers around our content strategy and execution
- Lead and challenge a passionate global security team in an agile software development environment, while partnering with Product Management, Marketing, Support and UX functions on the delivery of product
- Partner cross-functionally and own innovation by driving adoption on core technologies (Scanning, Exploitation)
- Find opportunities and optimization strategies to bring products/content together
Qualifications and Traits
- Highly established in managing experienced engineers, along with a demonstrated track record of growing and building highly effective distributed teams
- Ability to create a shared vision and motivate others to make that vision a reality
- Proficiency in large scale distributed system design and architecture as well as
knowledge of Network Protocols
- Outstanding communication skills; able to hold one's own in a strategy discussion with the leadership team as well as capable of technical deep-dives in design reviews
- History of relationship building, working cross-functionally, and making decisions for the good of the whole organization
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience; advanced degree a plus
- Experience building security products from the ground up preferred but not required
Back to top