- Belfast, United Kingdom
At Rapid7, we're building a security analytics platform to help customers easily find, manage and reduce risk. We seek a highly motivated technical leader to help ensure our platform is secure, reliable and available for thousands of customers that rely on it every day.
You are a problem solver, passionate about eliminating toil through development and automation. Processing billions of daily events in the cloud excites you. You are ready to partner with teams across a global organization to build a modern scalable infrastructure. You are a developer at heart, but possess a wide range of skills across networking, Linux sysadmin, configuration management, clustered datastores, cloud services and deployment technologies. You enjoy leading people, but are happiest getting into the weeds to make a difference.
The Platform Delivery team is a high-profile group that supports all Rapid7 products through dev tooling and cloud operations. We work directly with developers to ensure high uptime of our SaaS products. We strive to maintain a DevOps culture, empowering development while promoting security and reliability. We're a global team with a local focus works alongside our Threat Exposure Management team to bring the next generation of security solutions to our customers.
- Engage with other engineering teams to improve the lifecycle of services on our platform - from design to deployment to operation and maintenance
- Optimize our SaaS platform for performance and cost effectiveness
- Monitor and scale distributed services in AWS and clustered datastores such as Cassandra
- Participate in sustainable on-call incident response followed by blameless postmortems
- Automate infrastructure through Terraform or CloudFormation, Chef, and Docker/Kubernetes
- 5+ years of experience scaling SaaS services and infrastructure
- Goal-driven, positive attitude with strong communication skills
- Proficient in AWS services, including EC2, RDS, EMR, VPC networking, S3, etc.
- Working knowledge with one or more of: Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible, Puppet
- Passionate about developer experiences
Back to top