Customer Success Engineer II
- Boston, MA
Customer Solutions Advisor Job Overview
A good fit for this role is someone who:
- Enjoys helping customers to overcome challenges and achieve their goals - and not just answering technical questions
- Embraces a challenge, understands that it's ok to be uncomfortable, and relishes the opportunity to grow by stretching yourself
- Thinks critically to solve difficult technical problems and provide solutions that may not be apparent at first glance
- Leads with empathy to put yourself in the customers' shoes and ensure you are providing an exceptional customer experience with every interaction
The Customer Solutions Advisor is responsible for helping our customers achieve their desired outcomes in 2 specific ways:
- Helping them achieve specific goals they are struggling to achieve on their own when using Rapid7 solutions
- Helping them overcome barriers to achieving their goals that they encounter when using Rapid7 solutions
Our mission is to make our customers successful and we do this through technical product enablement, identifying areas for improvement within their implementation, and suggesting best practices to maximize product adoption and effectiveness.
What's in scope in this role?
As a member of the CSE team, you will engage with customers throughout the day by phone and by corresponding with them via email/case responses. You will perform a wide variety of technically-oriented tasks to ensure customer success, including, but not limited to:
- Demonstrate a clear, detailed understanding of the customers challenges and goals
- Provide easy to follow technical guidance on how to solve customer challenges and how to achieve customer goals
- Verify that a customer has gone about things thoroughly and correctly in an effort to troubleshoot, investigate, and identify the root cause of challenges presented to us
- Work as an equal partner with the Customer Success Manager to ensure [on-time] renewals
The Customer Success Advisor will collaborate very closely with several departments, including Customer Success (Account Management), Support Engineering, Product Management, and Sales Engineering to name a few.
What are the Job Responsibilities?
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with Rapid7's solutions (specifically InsightVM, InsightIDR, and InsightAppSec) through training, "hackathons", simulated situations replicating real world cases, and more. This is requirement #1
- Understand what a good security program looks like, and stay current as standards evolve
- Understand the components of a successful security program implementation and how they interact with one another
- Understand our customers' business objectives and technical challenges, and communicate how Rapid7's solutions can be used to achieve internal goals
- Interface with Customer Success, Support & Services to ensure customer experience is consistently on the best path
- Deliver presentations, participate in conference call discussions, and attend face-to-face meetings to architectural groups, major lines of business, and C-Level executives.
What are the Job Qualifications?
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Must be able to explain complex functionality that can be simply understood by people of all technical backgrounds.
- Willingness to take risks, make mistakes, be uncomfortable, and challenge yourself in ways that you have previously avoided
- Understand how failure enables growth
- 3-5+ years of relevant IT/Security related experience
- Previous experience with vulnerability management, incident detection/SIEM, and/or web application security testing strongly desired
- Basic knowledge of best practices relating to secure network architecture, design and configuration
- Fundamental knowledge of industry regulations and requirements including major compliance regulations
Very strong proficiency and knowledge of networking and routing fundamentals
- In-depth knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating systems - sys admin experience a plus
- Demonstrable background in customer-oriented problem solving
- Creative problem solver who thrives in collaborative environment
- Accountability - must follow up with customers when you say you will
- Strong interest in security and networking
- Education: Bachelor's degree and/or 4 years related work experience
Back to top