Cloud Security Sales Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
Sales Engineer (Cloud Security)
DivvyCloud seeks a highly motivated, technically accomplished sales engineer in cloud security. We seek a candidate that will bring their technical experience selling enterprise software to an innovative technology company with a compelling value proposition, incredible team, and great culture. DivvyCloud's software appliance mitigates risk by providing virtual guardrails and automated remediation for security, compliance and governance to customers embracing the dynamic, self-service nature of public cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) and container infrastructure.
Here are just a few of the perks of working with at DivvyCloud:
Competitive salary; 401(k) with generous company match; company-paid health, dental and vision insurance for employees; parental leave; unlimited PTO (paid time off); flexible work schedule; fully stocked kitchen (snacks, beverages, etc.); company and team events; training opportunities; relaxation room and free gym.
Company Background / Culture
DivvyCloud is built and led by passionate technologists focused on building next generation cloud automation technology. Our culture is centered around bringing together top talent to solve challenging technical problems. Passion and a self-driven personality is critical to an individual's success at DivvyCloud. Our goal is to build a culture and office environment that doesn't feel like work, but rather is a place you want to be.
- Partner closely with the sales team as a technical advisor and advocate for the DivvyCloud platform while continuously improving the conversion rate from qualified opportunities to closed deals in order to meet quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Build deep expertise in the DivvyCloud platform and public cloud platforms, and apply this knowledge to solve customer challenges.
- Participate in pipeline, and quarterly business reviews.
- Win the trust of customers by demonstrating technical and business acumen and empathizing with their business challenges.
- Act as trusted advisor and advocate for our customers.
- Master how to sell DivvyCloud from high-level introductions to technical deep dives.
- Develop and deliver engaging demonstrations in collaboration with our sales team to both business and technical users.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Contribute to, and employ, best practices in the execution of POCs and pilots.
- Help customers customize or extend DivvyCloud solutions during POC or pilot phases.
- Present to prospects, customers, and partners at trade shows, conferences, and webinars.Participate in value-added activities including community involvement (meetups), case studies, and reference calls.
- Work with customers and sales team stakeholders to design and align solutions to customer use cases, integration challenges, data reporting and more.
- 5+ years experience successfully supporting software product sales to IT organizations.
- BA or BS degree, or comparable work experience, in computer science or a related field.
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 30%.
- Previous experience in a pre or post-sales technical customer facing position working with enterprise customers.
- Experience working with AWS, Azure, GCP or other public cloud platforms
- Good practical understanding of cloud architectures.
- An understanding of the challenges related to security, compliance, and governance for cloud and container infrastructure.
- The ability to take complex pieces of technology and explain it in a simple and easy way.
- Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intellectually curious, great problem-solving skills. A very collaborative disposition, and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders in contexts varying from pre-sales to post-sales, customer support and more.
- Previous experience working with/presenting to executive level prospects and customers.
- Software development experience in languages such as Python, RESTful web services or scripting languages a plus.
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, or RedHat) a plus.
About DivvyCloud by Rapid7
DivvyCloud by Rapid7 protects cloud and container environments from misconfigurations, policy violations, threats, and IAM challenges. With automated prevention and real-time remediation of risk, DivvyCloud customers achieve continuous security and compliance, and gain the freedom to innovate using cloud and containers without the loss of control. Freedom is good. Chaos is bad. To learn more: www.divvycloud.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are an equal opportunity employer. DivvyCloud is a progressive and open-minded workplace where we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. If you are smart, passionate and good at what you do, come as you are.
Back to top