Account Executive, Named
- Boston, MA
Rapid7 is leading the information security industry as a top provider of security products and services that help customers defend against everyday threats. Not only is Rapid7 on the forefront of the security revolution, but we are also known for our great company culture. We recently moved our Boston headquarters into a brand new office in the Hub by North Station (you can even take a virtual tour here !) and it's a "physical manifestation" of our Moose culture. You can learn even more about our sales org, some successful career trajectory stories, and what we typically look for when he hire new Moose, directly from one of our sales leaders, Lauren Lynch .
Are you looking for a chance to make a significant business impact in the white hot cyber security space with an opportunity for professional and financial growth?
We're looking for a chance to work with an individual who is coachable, curious, intelligent, resilient, team oriented but individually competitive and a good storyteller with customer centric empathy.
We are searching for Named Account Executives to join our growing sales team! The main goal of our Named Account Executives is to drive net new sales opportunities, while managing upsell opportunities within their assigned geographical territory. In this role, you will partner cross-functionally with internal teams to drive net-new business opportunities from initial prospecting through negotiation and contract close. This is a quota-carrying role and is critical to the continued success of Rapid7. Rapid7 has a history of promoting from within and our sales representatives have a number of opportunities to grow within the organization. In 2018, we promoted 57 out of our 135 sellers (~40%)!! Performance and compensation are fundamentally tied, and consistently demonstrating a positive impact to the business is the key to career progression.
What Success Looks Like
- Meet and/or exceed your quota by identifying, qualifying and closing new business opportunities at enterprise-level companies (between $400 million - $1 billion in revenue).
- Creatively source new prospects and thoughtfully position Rapid7's offerings to suit their needs. Be a trusted advisor and an industry expert.
- Stay current on competitor offerings and be able to identify their strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Turn client feedback into actionable strategies to drive new business and address competitive risks. Influence client decisions and advocate for client needs to negotiate win-win solutions.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with various functional teams including Sales Engineering, Sales Operations and Customer Success to ensure seamless implementation and effective ongoing account growth.
- Exceed sales goals and quarterly revenue targets while being a collaborative member of the team.
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity, forecast and opportunity information in Salesforce.
- Teach and learn to build a bench and share best practices to win together.
How We Set You Up For Success
- Best-in-class sales enablement training: a two week training program focused around an introduction to our industry and how to sell our security products.
- Follow-up training and coaching sessions paired with sales process and methodology training.
- Future programs aimed at advanced sales skill set development and career growth.
- A ramp quota that is designed to prioritize your development and training in order to have a successful, long-term tenure with the organization.
- Access to tools such as DiscoverOrg and LinkedIn Sales Navigator in order to remain competitive and uncover new business opportunities.
- Support and transparent communication from the sales leadership team, including 1-on-1 coaching and feedback from your direct manager.
- The opportunity to act as a consultative seller over the phone to both current and prospective Rapid7 customers and receive real-time feedback from your manager who will sit in close proximity.
- An opportunity to build equity within the organization, including a clear promotion path and an employee stock purchase plan.
- Partnership opportunities with cross-functional teams to help fuel your development and continue to secure new customers, including the marketing, sales engineering, and legal teams, among others.
- The ability to travel and be onsite with customers for QBR's, trade shows, and in-person meetings.
- A chance to join our President's Club - in 2018, we sent 62 of our sellers to the Grand Cayman!
To be successful in this role, you ideally have
- BA/BS degree in business or a related field.
- 4+ years of full cycle sales experience at a software or technology company.
- Strong track record of success driving revenue through prospecting, creating new business and sustainably growing existing business.
- Ability to work well independently and under pressure, as well as be highly responsive to clients. Ability to learn, absorb and adapt quickly to ever-changing business priorities.
- Critical thinking in a variety of situations, demonstrating drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency in acquiring and serving clients.
- Ability to travel 10% - 25% to client meetings as needed.
We offer an extensive set of benefits including:
- Competitive salaries and an employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, and HSA.
- A flexible vacation policy and commuter benefits.
- 401(k) match program.
- 12 weeks of maternity leave paid at 100% of eligible compensation (base salary and bonus/variable) and 4 weeks of non-primary parental leave paid at 100% of eligible compensation (base salary and bonus/variable).
- All of this on top of gym access in our brand new building, fully stocked fridges and two baristas on staff :)
Back to top