What you do matters. Let's secure the future.
Rapid7 is leading the information security industry as a top provider of products and services that help customers defend against everyday threats. Our position at the forefront of the security revolution (a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant two years running) is a direct result of how we support our employees in challenging convention, advocating for customers, and working together to drive impact. Our Austin office is a physical manifestation of our values, with spaces and amenities that spark creativity, collaboration, and innovation.
You will serve as a strategic partner for your clients, helping them achieve a more secure digital future. You will directly impact the success of the company and help organizations across the world advance securely. In exchange for your work, Rapid7 offers a competitive compensation plan with attainable quotas, 2x accelerator incentives when quotas are exceeded, and an employee stock purchasing plan. As you grow, you will have access to training and development opportunities to support you in creating the career experience of a lifetime.
The main goal of our Commercial Account Executives is to drive net new sales, while managing upsell opportunities within your assigned geographical territory. In this role, you will partner cross-functionally with internal teams to drive business opportunities from initial prospecting through negotiation to contract close. This is a quota-carrying role and critical to the continued success of Rapid7.
What Success Looks Like
- Meet and/or exceed your quota by identifying, qualifying and closing new business opportunities at mid market companies (up to $400 million in revenue).
- Creatively source new prospects and thoughtfully position Rapid7's offerings to suit their needs. Serve as a trusted advisor and industry expert.
- Stay current on competitor offerings and be able to identify their strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Turn client feedback into actionable strategies to drive new business and address competitive risks. Influence client decisions and advocate for client needs to negotiate win-win solutions.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with various functional teams including Sales Engineering, Sales Operations and Customer Success to ensure seamless implementation and effective ongoing account growth.
- Exceed sales goals and quarterly revenue targets while being a collaborative member of the team.
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity, forecast and opportunity information in Salesforce.
How We Set You Up For Success
- In addition to our new hire onboarding program, Account Executives are provided best-in-class sales enablement training focused around an introduction to our industry and how to sell our security products.
- Follow-up training and coaching sessions paired with sales process and methodology training.
- A ramp quota that is designed to prioritize your development and training in order to have a successful, long-term tenure with the organization.
- Access to tools such as ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Gong, Salesloft, and Salesforce in order to remain competitive and uncover new business opportunities.
- Support and transparent communication from the sales leadership team, including 1-on-1 coaching and feedback from your direct manager.
- The opportunity to act as a consultative seller over the phone to both current and prospective Rapid7 customers.
- Partnership opportunities with cross-functional teams to help fuel your development and secure new customers, including the marketing, sales engineering, and legal teams, among others.
- The ability to travel and be onsite with customers for QBRs, trade shows, and in-person meetings.
To be successful in this role, you ideally have
- 1+ year of B2B closing experience.
- Strong track record of success driving revenue through prospecting, creating new business and sustainably growing existing business.
- Ability to work well independently and under pressure, as well as be highly responsive to clients.
- Capacity to learn, absorb, and adapt quickly to ever-changing business priorities.
- Critical thinking in a variety of situations, demonstrating drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency in acquiring and serving clients.
- Ability to travel up to 10% to client meetings as needed.
We offer an extensive set of benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, and HSA.
- Wellness programs and a $300 annual reimbursement for exercise classes, gym memberships, or home fitness equipment.
- An unlimited vacation policy and commuter benefits.
- 401(k) match program.
- An employee stock purchase plan.
- Potential to receive performance equity grants.
- 12 weeks of maternity leave paid at 100% of eligible compensation (base salary and bonus/variable) and 4 weeks of non-primary parental leave paid at 100% of eligible compensation (base salary and bonus/variable).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.