Software Engineer - Java/Scala (HSID)
Join Rally Health as a Senior or Principal Back End Software Engineer, Back End where you will code in Java and JVM-based languages and develop elegant web-applications. You will be part of a team that powers the identity and access for a suite of products. As part of the Core Services Team, you will report to the Director of Engineering and work with engineering leaders, Product Managers, and other teams.
- Develop database models using SQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Manage code changes using Git and GitHub.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including development, code reviews, testing and production.
- Work with peer teams to understand the features, do technical assessment and costing, design, and code
- Support live-site with production debugging and track down causes and fix them in systematic ways.
- 5+ years' experience working in a software engineering capacity
- 2+ years' experience with Java or C# and interest in learning Scala.
- 1+ years of experience with distributed systems and application design in an SOA environment.
- Knowledge of database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS).
- Knowledge of computing concepts including API design, creating, fault tolerance, scalable distributed systems, multi-threaded programming, performance tuning, and security.
- Experience with authorization frameworks like oAuth 2.0, SAML or OpenID Connect is a bonus
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do! With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people and help them take charge of their health and health care. Improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
At Rally, we believe in the importance of communication and collaboration to ensure every opinion is valued. Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valid. A diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Everything we do is performed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch it needs.
Resources to help you excel in our creative work atmosphere:
- Great compensation package
- Daily onsite catered lunches
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k)
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top