Senior/Principal Software Engineer, Full Stack (Personalization)
Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
About the Team:
The Personalization team at Rally’s mandates is to build a set of systems to personalize the user experience based on health, clinical, medication, condition, and behavioral data. This includes building systems for profile based on facts and inferred information, user graphs, relevance, recommendations, predictions, and feedback loop. Building these systems requires collecting, cleaning, and categorizing data, developing insights with analytics, rules, predictions and machine learning.
The code we work on impacts millions of lives. This position is an excellent opportunity to make people’s health data work for them in a significant way and enable individuals to live healthier lives and realize cost savings through prudent choices.
- We are looking for motivated, self-driven engineers who own what they build.
- You will work closely with Product and Project Managers to understand features, conduct technical assessments, design, cost, code, test, and deliver.
- You will work in a collaborative team setting to deliver features motivated by our mission.
- You will gain an in-depth knowledge of computing concepts such as fault tolerance, self-healing, internet protocols, multithreaded programming, machine learning, performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
Your core responsibilities:
- You will divide your time between UI engineering for the web, and writing server-side code.
- You will have to write frontend code in a multi-app, multi-session environment using mostly React web with some Angular thrown in.
- The other half of your time will consist of writing high quality, unit and integration tested backend code using Scala.
- You will own quality by using automated test frameworks like Robot and RestAssured.
- Work closely with Product and Project Managers to understand the features, complete the technical assessment, design, cost, code, test, and deliver.
- Develop responsive apps that look and work phenomenally across multiple devices.
- 6+ years of professional experience as a software engineer/developer
- 2+ years of experience working with React
- Experience with Scala/Java/building API endpoints OR a desire to learn Scala
- 3+ years Experience with distributed systems and application design in an SOA environment
- Knowledge of data modeling in either a relational or NoSQL schema
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or academic equivalent
- Experience with recommendations, predictions, personalization and machine learning will be an excellent plus
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
- Previous experience in the Healthcare space
- Familiarity with NoSQL and RDBMS including making backward-compatible zero-downtime changes
- Experience with AWS (configuring, deploying, managing, monitoring) services and distributed applications
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valued. A diverse workforce will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Back to top