Senior/Principal Data Engineer (Data Insights)
Join Rally Health as a Senior or Principal Data Engineer where you will partner with internal and external stakeholders with their data needs which can include building custom dashboards and architecting and coding solutions for large-scale pipelines. As part of the larger Data Insights team, you will report to an Engineering Manager.
- Manage the development of essential enterprise E2E Business Intelligence ETL solutions in Hadoop, sourcing data from HDFS, Kafka, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB or Postgres environments and using Python, Spark, Airflow and Hive
- Architect and code solutions for large-scale ETL pipelines with data processing frameworks
- Develop data solutions to promote applicable insights for population health management and positive recommendations for ways individuals can improve their health and manage their costs
- Assess current processes, recommend and implement approaches to handle increasing volumes of data
- Communicate technical specifications to ensure that proper and optimized techniques, queries, data standards, and final outputs are understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements
- Handle the product's or project’s conception, translate requirements, design initial technical specifications and develop data solutions
- Develop reports and dashboards with data from potentially multiple data sources
- Advanced working knowledge and ability to write complex SQL and HQL queries in an HDFS environment
- Experience working with Python and PySpark for the purposes of data transformations and ETL
- Experience with backend and distributed systems and experience working with MapReduce-based architectures
- Familiarity with Kimball, OLAP, and EDW data design methodologies
- 5+ years experience in ETL, Data Engineering, or BI fields with concentration on data transformations
- Understanding of several data extraction and transformation techniques with data sourced in HDFS, MongoDB, and Postgres
- Working familiarity with Tableau, Airflow, or Oozie
- Knowledge of Scala is a bonus
- Familiar with Data Visualization standard methodologies
- Dedication to team goals including the support of live 24/7 production systems
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people by helping them take charge of their health and health care. Our culture is built on a belief of helping people live healthier lives, and we know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us, and when Rallyers can do their best work in a workplace where they feel a sense of belonging.
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top