Senior/Principal Data Engineer (Data Insights)
Join Rally Health as a Senior or Principal Data Engineer where you will partner with internal and external stakeholders with their data needs which can include building custom dashboards and architecting and coding solutions for large-scale pipelines. . As part of the larger Data Insights team, you will report to an Engineering Manager.
- Manage the development of essential enterprise E2E Business Intelligence ETL solutions in Hadoop, sourcing data from HDFS, Kafka, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB or Postgres environments and using Python, Spark, Airflow and Hive
- Architect and code solutions for large-scale ETL pipelines with data processing frameworks
- Develop data solutions to promote applicable insights for population health management and positive recommendations for ways individuals can improve their health and manage their costs
- Assess current processes, recommend and implement approaches to handle increasing volumes of data
- Communicate technical specifications to ensure that proper and optimized techniques, queries, data standards, and final outputs are understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements
- Handle the product's or project’s conception, translate requirements, design initial technical specifications and develop data solutions
- Develop reports and dashboards with data from potentially multiple data sources
- Advanced working knowledge and ability to write complex SQL and HQL queries in an HDFS environment
- Experience working with Python and PySpark for the purposes of data transformations and ETL
- Experience with backend and distributed systems and experience working with MapReduce-based architectures
- Familiarity with Kimball, OLAP, and EDW data design methodologies
- 5+ years experience in ETL, Data Engineering, or BI fields with concentration on data transformations
- Understanding of various data extraction and transformation techniques with data sourced in HDFS, MongoDB, and Postgres
- Working familiarity with Tableau, Airflow, or Oozie
- Knowledge of Scala is a bonus
- Familiar with Data Visualization standard methodologies
- Dedication to team goals including the support of live 24/7 production systems
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do! With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people and help them take charge of their health and health care. Improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to improving at every level. We’re building digital tools that support people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally, we believe in the importance of communication and collaboration to ensure every opinion is valued. Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valid. A diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Everything we do is performed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch it needs.
Resources to help you excel in our creative work atmosphere:
- Great compensation package
- Daily onsite catered lunches
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k)
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top