Senior Software Engineer (Campaigns)
The Campaigns team is focused on surfacing actionable items to users to engage them in utilizing their benefits and completing activities that will improve health and wellness. Examples of campaigns include promoting a coaching program, encouraging users to get annual physicals, and driving users to find a PCP. Join Rally Health as a Senior Software Engineer where you will report to one of our Engineering Managers.
- Architect, build, and ship scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks.
- Guide overall technical vision and architecture
- Evaluate new technologies
- Mentor engineers and keep the engineering bar high
- Be involved in the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code.
- Write high-quality, fault tolerant code and employ programming techniques to ensure distributed transactions and guaranteed message delivery.
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring creative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of real industry experience
- You have a background in Java or another compiled language, along with expert-level design & development
- You have exposure to or interest in learning Scala, or exposure to other functional programming languages
- You have unit testing experience (prefer Scalatest/Spec2/ScalaCheck)
- You have experience with distributed, high-performance systems
- Database and caching experience, SQL and NoSQL (Postgres, Elasticsearch or MongoDB a plus)
- Experience with cloud-based services and hosting (AWS EC2 preferred)
- You have experience integrating with third-party APIs, and understand them in multiple formats
- Experience developing APIs and web microservices
- You are involved with open source projects
- You are comfortable with Git
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people by helping them take charge of their health and health care. Our culture is built on a belief of helping people live healthier lives, and we know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us, and when Rallyers can do their best work in a workplace where they feel a sense of belonging.
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top