Senior Software Engineer, Back End (Accounts)
- San Francisco, CA
Join Rally Health's Core Accounts team, as a Senior or Principal Back-end Software Engineer, where you will report to our Director of engineering, develop reliable and scalable code.
The Core Accounts team owns the front door to all Rally products and is the first stop in a user’s healthcare journey. We want to build a platform that provides an outstanding authentication experience to allow our users to securely access all of their healthcare needs. The team works on projects and code that impacts the entire company and insurance companies that Rally partners with.
- Working in a team setting to deliver features motivated by our mission, working in Agile/Scrum methodology
- Develop a reliable and scalable backend code in Scala
- Be involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code.
- Application of architectural concepts such as MVC, Restful Design, Microservices, SOA, etc.
- Production debugging, tracking down root causes and fixing them in systematic ways.
- Work with message queues (SQS, kafka, rabbitMQ)
- Work with metrics and monitoring platforms (DataDog, Graphana, New Relic)
- Develop database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS) and write mission critical SQL.
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring innovative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems.
- Provide critical shared services to all products in the Rally ecosystem.
- Build a cohesive foundational platform for other teams to integrate on top of in order to provide a precise experience to users as they move across their healthcare journey.
- Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and apply existing technology to designs
- Champion test automation (unit, functional, integration, UAT, smoke tests, load tests, performance tests, etc.)
- Work with authorization frameworks like oAuth 2.0, SAML or OpenID Connect is a bonus
- Work on projects and code that impacts the entire company as well as insurance companies that Rally partners with.
- Mentor others on topics such as OO design, coding best practices and knowledge of the functional paradigm.
- Deliver large and complex features motivated by Rally's mission and business goals.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Project Managers to understand features, do technical assessments, design, code, test and ship to production
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Expert level command of a JVM language and interest in learning Scala. Familiarity with Python.
- 5+ years of experience working in Java or C#
- 3 years of experience building multiple large scale distributed applications
- 2+ years of experience working with database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS)
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques.
- Skilled in areas such as API design, crafting, fault tolerance, highly available and scalable distributed systems, multithreaded programming, performance tuning, and security.
- Understanding of common web formats including XML, HTML, CSS
- Experience with OS-level virtualization (docker) and container orchestration (k8s)
- Experience with AWS and understanding of automation tools such as terraform
- Experience in the Healthcare industry
- MS/BS in Computer Science
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do! With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people and help them take charge of their health and health care. Improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
At Rally, we believe in the importance of communication and collaboration to ensure every opinion is valued. Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valid. A diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Everything we do is performed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch it needs.
Resources to help you excel in our creative work atmosphere:
- Great compensation package
- Daily onsite catered lunches
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k)
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top