Senior IT Systems Software Engineer - AWS
- San Francisco, CA
- Minneapolis, MN
- Washington, DC
- Las Vegas, NV
- Denver, CO
- Chicago, IL
- Cerritos, CA
Join Rally Health as a Senior IT Systems Engineer where you will manage the IT AWS environment, maintain Linux-based server solutions, and fix security vulnerabilities in the IT server environments. You will also keep your personal JIRA queue updated and help IT maintain good working relationships with other teams. As part of the IT Team, you will report to Senior IT Infrastructure Manager and work with the Security, DevOps, and Engineering departments.
At Rally, we value career development and growth; we are always looking for individuals with leadership aspirations, as this role has the potential to grow into leading a team.
- Manage the IT AWS environment using modern config-based tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Maintain Linux-based server solutions for IT needs in AWS and ESXi
- Troubleshoot and repair Linux hosts through the command line (Ubuntu/RHEL/Amazon Linux)
- Manage Active Directory and other Windows Server instances
- Develop automation scripts, submit PRs, and participate in code reviews on Github
- Build monitors and alerts to keep uptime high, and incidents low using Splunk, Datadog, and New Relic
- Work with other departments to ensure business IT infrastructure needs are met and maintain good working relationships
- Fix security vulnerabilities in the IT server environments
- Support company efforts to achieve compliance with SOC2, HITRUST, and other certifications
- Evaluate advancements in server, cloud, directory, and related technologies
- Manage automated patch management and updates
- 3+ years of practical AWS experience or equivalent capability (EC2, EFS, CloudFormation, RDS, VPC configuration)
- 2+ years of experience being a senior member of a technical team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Can make situational architecture decisions
- Proficient in one or more non-bash scripting languages like Python, Ruby, and/orGo
- Proficient in Bash scripting
- Experience configuring Linux hosts using tools like Ansible, Packer, or Chef
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do! With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people and help them take charge of their health and health care. Improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to improving at every level. We’re building digital tools that support people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally, we believe in the importance of communication and collaboration to ensure every opinion is valued. Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valid. A diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Everything we do is performed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch it needs.
Resources to help you excel in our creative work atmosphere:
- Great compensation package
- Daily onsite catered lunches
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k)
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Back to top