Principal Software Engineer (Care Solutions)
About the Team:
Care solutions lets people find, price, schedule, prepare, recover and pay for care, and rewards them for choosing the appropriate care (medical, medication, dental, vision, behavioral & DME). You will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Architect and build scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks
- Write backend code using Scala
- Contribute to frontend code stack in React
- Develop APIs and web microservices
- Integrate third-party APIs, and the ability to understand them in several formats
- Produce and deploy secure code
- You have a background in Scala/Java or another compiled language, along with expert-level design & development
- You have mobile development experience
- You have exposure to or interest in learning Scala, or exposure to other functional programming languages
- You have unit testing experience (prefer Scalatest/Spec2/ScalaCheck)
- You have commercial experience with distributed, high-performance systems.
- Database and caching experience, SQL and NoSQL (Postgres, Elasticsearch or MongoDB a plus).
- Experience with cloud-based services and hosting (AWS EC2)
- If you are involved with open source projects, that's a plus
- You are comfortable with Git
- 3+ years of real industry experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people by helping them take charge of their health and health care. Our culture is built on a belief of helping people live healthier lives, and we know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us, and when Rallyers can do their best work in a workplace where they feel a sense of belonging.
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees and paid leave for new parents
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top