Senior Staff Accountant
Join Rakuten Rewards (formerly known as Ebates) and enjoy a fast-paced, friendly environment where creativity and teamwork are valued and results are recognized. We’re headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and have 12 offices worldwide. Our group of companies includes ShopStyle and Cartera Commerce.
As part of the Rakuten Rewards team, you’ll experience the best of both worlds: a large, profitable, multinational company with the rapid growth and agility of a startup.
Senior Staff Accountant
Rakuten Rewards (formerly Ebates) is seeking a talented Senior Staff Accountant to join our growing Finance and Accounting team in our San Mateo, CA office. The ideal candidate must be hands-on, have the ability to work independently, have a strong sense of ownership and commitment, possess excellent accounting skills, be detail oriented, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be results driven.
- Support the maintenance of the general ledger by ensuring proper and timely entering and recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with IFRS and Company policies
- Participate in the month-end close processes by performing activities that include but are not limited to preparing, reviewing and posting journal entries
- Responsible for the review of journal entries prepared by accountants
- Assist with ongoing account reconciliation and specific projects by reviewing and researching assigned accounts. Ensure that general ledger accounts are resolved and reconciled on a timely basis. This may entail the review of account reconciliations with management
- Prepare and provide supporting documentation/schedule to the internal (SOX)/external auditors for both audit and SOX related requests
- Assist in the review and streamlining of necessary internal controls and processes
- Provide accounting support to the Controller and Managers on special projects as required or assigned
- Perform other duties or assist with ad hoc projects as requested
Soft Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and possess good time management skills
- Results-oriented with attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to perform at high levels in a very fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimal direction and make decisions with discretion and sound judgment
- Must be able to work independently or with a team, self-starter, energetic
- Willing to work in a productivity-driven environment with a high volume of workflow
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Reliable and professional
- BA degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred but not required
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience with strong analytic experience required
- Strong Excel skills with ability to create pivot tables and perform v-look ups
- Balance of both public company experience and start-up/private company environments is highly desirable
- Knowledge of consolidations, international accounting, inter-company transactions and corporate accounting and reporting is highly desirable
- Experience with general ledger function and the month-end close process, including account reconciliations and analyses
- Experience with QuickBooks and Oracle is highly preferred
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Back to top