Senior Full Stack Engineer
Rakuten Rewards is looking for talented and creative Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team in our San Mateo office.
Rakuten Rewards offers a casual but fast paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are passionate about changing the way people shop online and providing the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached. In 2017, members spent over $10 billion on Rakuten Rewards’ websites and since the inception of the company, have earned nearly $1 billion in cash back. During the peak days of 2017, over 5% of U.S. online shopping went through Rakuten Rewards!
This person will have the opportunity to work within several core microservices to develop and iterate on features and functionality. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to take product requirements and break down into concise technical requirements to execute on them.
- Strong orientation towards data and use data to drive decisions
- Willingness to mentor and delegate work to promote growth on the team
- Contribute to weekly product releases, sprint plannings, and code reviews with a small and dynamic team.
- 5+ years of core Python/Java/Go and/or strong desire to learn new languages.
- Excellent understand of OOP design principles (loose coupling, encapsulation, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of backend paradigms (multithreading, caching, performance tuning).
- You have strong SQL and data-analysis skills
- You have experience with application monitoring and security
- Good understanding of infrastructure and deployments methods (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience with GO.
- Experience with React and/or Vue.
- Experience with GraphQL
Rakuten Rewards is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We are part of the Rakuten family of companies. Rakuten is a very progressive company providing Rakuten Rewards with substantial capital, access to great technology, and access to international markets. We're always interested in meeting talented individuals interested in helping us change the way the world shops, so if you're passionate about helping save people money and improving the shopping experience apply below!
Meet Some of Rakuten Rewards's Employees
Serge D.Director Of Product Management
Serge manages Rakuten Rewards' product cycle, working with his team to create innovative technology for the Rakuten Rewards platform—and providing Rakuten Rewards' members with exceptional shopping experiences.
Back to top