Talent Acquisition Intern
- New York, NY
By joining Rakuten's Talent Acquisition (TA) team for your internship, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to a broad range of recruitment projects and initiatives, supporting business units across the Americas Region. You will receive well-rounded exposure to numerous areas of recruiting, including process mapping, university relations, reporting, internal mobility, employer branding, and diversity & inclusion.
We're looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who can quickly build rapport across the HR team and their client groups. Additionally, you will learn how Talent Acquisition supports the overall organization and gain insights into working in a Human Resources role in a fast paced, growing technology company.
Process mapping parts of the candidate lifecycle Collaborate with TA and Communications teams to optimize external facing Rakuten Americas careers page Support creation of internal mobility portal Analyze recruiting KPIs Research process improvement for TA team ROI analysis for university recruitment Support university marketing efforts
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High level of ethical integrity in relation to confidential information
- Comfortable communicating in a professional manner across all levels of the organization
- High attention to detail and follow strict data integrity practices
- Ability to be flexible and take on ad hoc responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Takes initiative, can work without supervision and begin tasks independently
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- In pursuit of Bachelor's or Master's Degree
- Graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
- Relevant major/area of study
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity of applicant tracking and CRM systems (e.g. Workday, Beamery)
- Knowledge of recruiting tools such as LinkedIn, Indeed, and Glassdoor
- Relevant prior internship experience
RAKUTEN SHUGI PRINCIPLES
Our worldwide practices describe specific behaviors that make Rakuten unique and united across the world. We expect Rakuten employees to model these 5 Shugi Principles of Success.
- Always improve, always advance. Only be satisfied with complete success - Kaizen.
- Be passionately professional. Take an uncompromising approach to your work and be determined to be the best.
- Hypothesize - Practice - Validate - Shikumika. Use the Rakuten Cycle to success in unknown territory.
- Maximize Customer Satisfaction. The greatest satisfaction for workers in a service industry is to see their customers smile.
- Speed!! Speed!! Speed!! Always be conscious of time. Take charge, set clear goals, and engage your team.
You can visit rakuten.us, our Muse profile, and intern page to learn more about Rakuten's culture and values, as well as hear from last year's interns.
Back to top