SR. Software Development Engineer in Test
Rakuten Americas is the North American division of Rakuten Group, Inc., a global leader in internet services that empowers individuals, communities, businesses and society. The Rakuten brand is recognized worldwide for its leadership and innovation in e-commerce, financial technology, banking, entertainment, telecommunications and biotechnology. In the Americas, our portfolio includes market leaders in e-commerce, marketing, advertising, business intelligence, logistics, communications and entertainment.
Our goal is to become the world's most rewarding membership program. We believe that focusing on innovation and ethics creates value for consumers and businesses by aligning them together in a shared community.
SR. Software Development Engineer in Test is a hands-on role responsible for leading design, development and execution of QA tasks. As part of the Rakuten Catalog Platform team, the scope of this position relates to providing accurate, compelling catalog for global businesses with millions of products and thousands of merchants. This role influences the QA technology and processes to deliver high quality software.
Sr. SDET team for the project with design, development and execution of QA tasks Responsibilities include but are not limited to: White-box, Functional, Test Automation and Performance testing Develop stable and robust automated regression tests and test automation frameworks Create test plans and write/execute manual tests for backend Java applications and APIs Perform scalability and load testing of APIs, Services and Big Data Pipeline Jobs Work effectively with the Engineering team to quickly isolate, report & debug issues & bugs Drive innovation and streamline overall Testing Process
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge and experience with programming and scripting languages (Python or Java preferred)
- Experience in test automation tools/frameworks like PyTest, Selenium, JMeter, JUnit, TestNG, REST Assured, etc. and TCM tools like Zephyr
- Ability to quickly code reliable & well-designed Automated Tests
- Experience writing and executing complex test cases
- Experience with databases like Cassandra, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Proficient with Git, Unix/Linux commands
- Effective communication skills, strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Ability to work efficiently/positively in a fast-paced Software Agile environment where multi-tasking and work/schedule flexibility is required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years overall experience in Software QA, with 2+ years as a Sr. QA or Lead QA
- 3+ years experience automating tests
RAKUTEN SHUGI PRINCIPLES
Our worldwide practices describe specific behaviors that make Rakuten unique and united across the world. We expect Rakuten employees to model these 5 Shugi Principles of Success.
- Always improve, always advance. Only be satisfied with complete success - Kaizen.
- Be passionately professional. Take an uncompromising approach to your work and be determined to be the best.
- Hypothesize - Practice - Validate - Shikumika. Use the Rakuten Cycle to success in unknown territory.
- Maximize Customer Satisfaction. The greatest satisfaction for workers in a service industry is to see their customers smile.
- Speed!! Speed!! Speed!! Always be conscious of time. Take charge, set clear goals, and engage your team.
Back to top