Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- San Mateo, CA
ShopStyle is the leading fashion and lifestyle shopping platform for influencers and consumers. We connect brands and retailers to influencers and shoppers with best-in-class technology, data, and tools to drive new customers and sales.
ShopStyle is based in San Francisco with offices in San Mateo, London, and NY. We have a bold Silicon Valley outlook on developing transformative technology for fashion and strive to do this bigger and better every day.
We are a team of creators, problem-solvers and doers. We're looking for enthusiastic and driven people to help build and shape our product, business, and culture.
About the job
The Sr QA Automation engineer will be responsible for creating test automation, and automation framework updates and maintenance for the ongoing automated testing initiatives for the ShopStyle QA team. This person will also be required to help manually test and verify new features as they get developed into our product offerings. They will work closely with QA, Engineering, and Product teams to understand requirements and features under test. The overall goal is to improve quality and also velocity through test automation and efficiency through refinement.
Record, report and verify software features and defects in our ticket tracking tool for shopstyle's releases, via both manual and automated testing
- Ability to refactor, carry out test plan reviews, and further improve and expand our automation infrastructure, streamlining for reliability, stability and scalability on CI
- Support QA staff through training, mentoring and problem solving issues with automated tests as they arise.
- Work with cross-functional teams (Developers, QA, Devops) in test automation activities across the organization
- Develop solutions and proposals based on best practices to help guide our automation development strategy and implementation into new technologies that would help maximize quality across all products
Education and Experience
- BS or MS background in computer science, programming, or equivalent experience in a related field
- 7+ years experience in software testing
- 3+ years of experience developing test automation frameworks
- Familiarity and experience working in fast-paced environments
- Proven track record of successfully implementing and deploying automation frameworks which test across desktop web, API and mobile platforms.
- Be research savvy and be a subject matter expert of current industry-wide quality & test processes, tools and technologies.
- Experience in test frameworks and tools like Cucumber, Junit, JMeter, and some knowledge of Selenium and Appium
- Experience with REST, HTTP, XML, and JSON.
- In-depth knowledge of Ruby, Java, and/or other OOP-based languages.
Nice to Have
Experience with Accessibility, and/or Performance testing
- Experience interacting with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, and code health + quality metric tools like Sonar
- Experience with cloud service providers like AWS, MacStadium
Back to top