- Midvale, UT
Division/Department: Rakuten Card USA
Location: San Mateo, CA or Salt Lake City, UT
Job title: Application Engineer
Reports to: Yodai Kumakura, Head of US FinTech System
Rakuten is the largest e-commerce site in Japan and operates Japan's biggest internet bank and number one credit card company by transaction value. Rakuten is now creating a bank that will transform online banking in the U.S. and will connect to Rakuten's global ecosystem of 70+ entities.
In a parallel project, Rakuten Card USA (RCUSA) will offer merchant payment processing services and consumer payment services to the U.S. market with additional plans for international expansion.
For this special project, RCUSA is looking for an individual who can be part of our technology team working closely with RCUSA business and technology for the range of payment products and services we are planning to deliver.
With the passion of a start-up and the influence of a global leader, Rakuten Group is continually expanding its operations into new fields. We are looking for people who share our ambition to improve the way people live and drive progress in society through our revolutionary services. You will enjoy a fast-paced, friendly environment where innovation, teamwork and entrepreneurship are valued and recognized. Our employees enjoy an array of incredible benefits which include:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus potential
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Wellness initiatives
- Culture and diversity clubs
- Charity outreach programs
- And many more!
- Support the organization's overall vision, mission, values, beliefs, and strategic goals.
- Actively work on all development project phases and work with team members to create products.
- Analyze requirements and specifications from PJM and the business side and put them into development.
- Promote development projects from a technical perspective and collaborate with relevant teams, managers.
- After the project, actively maintain and improve them as our products.
- 5+ years hand-on of proven work experience in Java software engineer, Java Developer or similar role.
- Understand the flow of development project phases and have experienced all processes in multiple projects
- The coding is easy to read and debug without any support from others.
- System operation experience, automation and troubleshooting
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to articulate Architecture choices trade-offs
- Experience working in distributed Agile development teams
- Understand and practice Rakuten Shugi
- Understand payments, MSB/MTL, banking, and modern financial services in the U.S.
- Recent front-end technology
- Team leadership or management experience
- Knowledge of Bigdata/DWH/BI
- Knowledge of Rakuten services
Back to top