Senior Software Engineer (RCP) - Big Data
- San Mateo, CA
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest ecommerce company in Japan, and third largest ecommerce marketplace worldwide. We seek to empower merchants to deliver hospitality mindset, which helps sellers create lasting relationships with customers. Along with the global marketplaces, Rakuten supports an ever expanding list of acquisitions and strategic investments in disruptive industries and growing markets.
At Rakuten, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, annual bonuses, a stocked kitchen (including catered lunch daily), and a dynamic office environment. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. As a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
Rakuten Catalog Platform is an exciting project at Rakuten. Our mission is to provide an accurate, compelling catalog with millions of products covering thousands of merchant partnersÂ âÂ andÂ build highly relevant search and other servicesÂ to take our e-commerce offering to the next level. This platform supports global business units from many countries including USA,Â Japan, UK, Germany, Canada and others.Â
This platform uses Big Data technologies, Cloud infrastructure, open source scalable search platform and cutting edge machine learning/statistical modeling and it will be highly leveraged within the company, becoming the foundation for our next-generation of applications.
Be part of an awesome R&D team where you get inspired by talented people, challenges and mission to change the global e-commerce landscape! Â
We are looking for hands-on Technical Lead. The position is located in San Mateo, California.
You will be responsible for leading design & development of Product Catalog & Search components including storage, search, large data processing (stream & batch), APIs, analytics, tools and web services. This platform runs in Google Cloud.
This is a great opportunity to join early as Lead in the team, influence the technology selection and build/own the infrastructure.
- 7+ years of solid Java back-end experience
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, OOPS principles and data structures
- Strong knowledge of at least some of the following frameworks/technologies â, Spring, REST, XML, JSON, ActiveMQ, Kafka
- Experience with any of these technologies a HUGE plus: Big Data (Cassandra / Hadoop), Spark, Flink, machine learning, Cloud (AWS or Google Cloud)
- Bonus if you have experience for leading /managing teams/projects
- Experience with tools and technologies like Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, git, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Docker to support end to end software development
- Experience with Relational databases, queries and RDBMS best practices as a consumer
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced Agile development and rapid deployment in the Cloud/SaaS environment.
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
Back to top