Senior QA Automation Engineer - RCP
- San Mateo, CA
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest ecommerce company in Japan, and third largest ecommerce marketplace worldwide. We seek to empower merchants to deliver hospitality mindset, which helps sellers create lasting relationships with customers. Along with the global marketplaces, Rakuten supports an ever expanding list of acquisitions and strategic investments in disruptive industries and growing markets.
At Rakuten, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, annual bonuses, a stocked kitchen (including catered lunch daily), and a dynamic office environment. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. As a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
Rakuten Catalog Platform is an exciting project at Rakuten. Our mission is to provide an accurate, compelling catalog with millions of products covering thousands of merchant partners - and build highly relevant search and other services to take our e-commerce offering to the next level. This platform supports global business units from many countries including USA, Japan, UK, Germany, Canada and others.
This platform uses Big Data technologies, Cloud infrastructure, open source scalable search platform and cutting edge machine learning/statistical modeling and it will be highly leveraged within the company, becoming the foundation for our next-generation of applications.
Be part of an awesome R&D team where you get inspired by talented people, challenges and mission to change the global e-commerce landscape!
We are looking for a seasoned QA Automation Engineer at San Mateo, California location. You will be responsible for leading design, development & execution of QA tasks. This is a great opportunity to join early, influence the technology & processes and own the infrastructure.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Test Automation, White-box, Functional, and Performance testing.
- Develop automated regression tests and test automation frameworks
- Create test plans and execute manual tests for backend Java applications and APIs
- Perform scalability and load testing of APIs and services
- Work closely with the Engineering team to quickly isolate, record, and report issues.
- Drive Innovation and Streamline Overall Testing Process
- CICD: Deploy/Install backend applications on Linux servers and/or Cloud
- Knowledge and experience with programming and scripting languages (Java & Python preferred)
- Ability to Code Automated Tests
- Experience with databases like Cassandra, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Proficient with Git, Unix/Linux commands
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Work efficiently in a fast paced team environment, multi-task and flexible with working hours
- Education in Engineering/Computer Science
- 5+ years experience writing and executing detailed test cases, test plans and test design documents
- 2+ years experience automating tests
- Experience in test automation tools like Selenium, JMeter, SOAPUI, JUnit, TestNG, etc.
- Experience with the Agile development process
- Plus for experience with Big Data (Cassandra, Spark) and machine learning based technologies
Back to top