Senior DevOps Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The Senior DevOps Engineer provides technical design, project leadership, and consultation services to developers. The primary focus areas will be cloud infrastructure, observability, and CI/CD with strong emphasis on CI/CD service design and cost management. This role will collaborate with our partner teams and central DevOps for solutions. As senior member of Rakuten Catalog Platform Data Science team, this role will be responsible for scaling the most cost effectively machine learning models, data pipelines and data storage.
Review and provide feedback/improvements on technology, architecture, designs, release and test strategies Build and evolve engineering processes to optimize developer and team efficiency and cost Champion shared services and new technologies within your embedded team and the larger organization Responsible for the developing, implementing and support infrastructure in the cloud Own the technical design, vision and implementation strategy for DevOps tooling Drive continuous improvement initiatives to improve systems and services Work as part of the larger Dev/Ops organization to meet other team technical needs
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with minimum supervision. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong technical skills in managing distributed systems in container scheduling platforms (Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm and Docker)
- Extensive Experience managing infrastructure and managed services in Google cloud platform, AWS or Azure
- Extensive experience maintaining and scaling large-scale distributed and event-based systems
- Strong understanding and application of CI/CD concepts with hands-on experience developing automated workflows for development, deployment, and testing.
- Experience with high level programming languages such as Java, Python, Ruby or Golang
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Software Engineering, MIS, Math or equivalent related experience
- 5+ years of experience background in DevOps
- 5+ years of experience with cloud-based production environments
- 5+ years of experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm
- 3+ years of programming experience with Java, Python, Ruby or Golang
RAKUTEN SHUGI PRINCIPLES
Our worldwide practices describe specific behaviors that make Rakuten unique and united across the world. We expect Rakuten employees to model these 5 Shugi Principles of Success.
- Always improve, always advance. Only be satisfied with complete success - Kaizen.
- Be passionately professional. Take an uncompromising approach to your work and be determined to be the best.
- Hypothesize - Practice - Validate - Shikumika. Use the Rakuten Cycle to success in unknown territory.
- Maximize Customer Satisfaction. The greatest satisfaction for workers in a service industry is to see their customers smile.
- Speed!! Speed!! Speed!! Always be conscious of time. Take charge, set clear goals, and engage your team.
Back to top