Payment Services Project Manager
- Midvale, UT
Division/Department: Rakuten Card USA
Location: San Mateo, CA or Salt Lake City, UT
Job title: Payment Services Project Manager (Technical)
Reports to: Yodai Kumakura, Head of US FinTech System
Rakuten is the largest e-commerce site in Japan and operates Japan's biggest internet bank and number one credit card company by transaction value. Rakuten is now creating a bank that will transform online banking in the U.S. and will connect to Rakuten's global ecosystem of 70+ entities.
In a parallel project, Rakuten Card USA (RCUSA) will offer merchant payment processing services and consumer payment services to the U.S. market with additional plans for international expansion.
For this special project, RCUSA is looking for an individual who can be part of our technology team working closely with RCUSA business and technology for the range of payment products and services we are planning to deliver.
With the passion of a start-up and the influence of a global leader, Rakuten Group is continually expanding its operations into new fields. We are looking for people who share our ambition to improve the way people live and drive progress in society through our revolutionary services. You will enjoy a fast-paced, friendly environment where innovation, teamwork and entrepreneurship are valued and recognized. Our employees enjoy an array of incredible benefits which include:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus potential
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Wellness initiatives
- Culture and diversity clubs
- Charity outreach programs
- And many more!
- Plan the Project (Setting the Goal, planning for the Milestone and Critical Path, planning for the internal/external Project Dependency, Planning for Test and Release, Planning for Budget, Creating the Schedule) and build / develop the project with related people.
- Deliver the Project and Manage the Progress (Judgement and Decision Making, Process Management, Task Tracking, Quality Management, Budget and Cost Management, Planning Change Management)
- Analyze project progress
- Manage the Communication (Stakeholder Management, Facilitation for the Project Members Communication, Reporting)
- Manage the Risk and Issues, and Solve them
- Expecting to Manage the Project Managers' Organization, in Future
- Understand and practice Rakuten Shugi
- Understand payments, MSB/MTL, banking, and modern financial services in the U.S.
- 5+ years project management experience
- Hands-on experience with developing software and technologies
- Strong Leadership, Solving Issues and Risk Handling Capability, Decision Making and Judgement Capability, Perseverance under High Pressure
- Ability to maintain smooth and accurate communication among Project Owners, Business Representatives, Product Managers and Developers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Professional certification (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2)
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in payment industry
- Experience in product management
- Experience in organization management
- Knowledge of Rakuten services
Back to top