Payment Services Product Manager
- Midvale, UT
Division/Department: Rakuten Card USA
Location: San Mateo, CA or Salt Lake City, UT
Job title: Payment Services Product Manager (Technical)
Reports to: Yodai Kumakura, Head of US FinTech System
Rakuten is the largest e-commerce site in Japan and operates Japan's biggest internet bank and number one credit card company by transaction value. Rakuten is now creating a bank that will transform online banking in the U.S. and will connect to Rakuten's global ecosystem of 70+ entities.
In a parallel project, Rakuten Card USA (RCUSA) will offer merchant payment processing services and consumer payment services to the U.S. market with additional plans for international expansion.
For this special project, RCUSA is looking for an individual who can be part of our technology team working closely with RCUSA business and technology for the range of payment products and services we are planning to deliver.
With the passion of a start-up and the influence of a global leader, Rakuten Group is continually expanding its operations into new fields. We are looking for people who share our ambition to improve the way people live and drive progress in society through our revolutionary services. You will enjoy a fast-paced, friendly environment where innovation, teamwork and entrepreneurship are valued and recognized. Our employees enjoy an array of incredible benefits which include:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus potential
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Wellness initiatives
- Culture and diversity clubs
- Charity outreach programs
- And many more!
- Support the organization's overall vision, mission, values, beliefs, and strategic goals.
- Deeply understand needs of our customers, merchants, consumers and business units, and address needs with any payment's futures
- Drive innovation for payments industry, differentiate from global competitors and grow the business
- Develop a logically-sequenced product and feature roadmap
- Supervise product management and ensure clear communication to business as well as development teams
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs for our services
- Lead across the organization to ensure we implement our vision efficiently
- Supervise and advise the development team to meet software expectations
- Work closely with the development team throughout the development process
- Work cross-organizationally to deliver products that meets customer requirements and regulations
- Create and maintain the product backlog for both business requirements and tech initiatives
- Documenting entire system scope and specification
- Manage and report status on projects.
- Understand and practice Rakuten Shugi
- Understand payments, MSB/MTL, banking, and modern financial services in the U.S.
- 5+ years of proven work experience in product management or equivalent job for payment system development
- Technical fluency in understanding the platform and translate business requirements to a Product Roadmap is necessary.
- Proven ability in analytics and market research to create a product Roadmap.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization and internal/ external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in payment industry
- Team leadership or management experience
- Knowledge of Rakuten services
Back to top