Manager, HR Risk and Compliance
- Midvale, UT
The HR Risk and Compliance Manager serves in a critical role working with global HR policy, process, and functions to manage and/or mitigate risk issues and ensure regulatory compliance related to human capital. This includes creating and managing risk assessment and audit programs, researching legal and regulatory obligations, working with project teams to translate regulatory requirements into system or process requirements; monitoring the effectiveness of controls designed to meet obligations on a regular, and ongoing basis; and developing or tracking process improvements to mitigate risk. These projects may be driven by new legal and regulatory requirements, geographies, types of business, solution implementations, or emerging risk issues, among other things.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify, assess, and monitor known and emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop and collaborate with functional owners to remediate identified risk issues
- Draft written narratives to communicate obligations, risk analysis, and recommendations to HR policies, process, and system owners and stakeholders
- Collaborate with enterprise compliance functions to ensure implementation and management of HR processes designed for regulatory compliance
- Conduct risk control assessments, in partnership with functional owners and the enterprise Risk organization; draft assessment reports detailing results, and controls recommendations
- Consult on training, guidelines and desktop procedures (such as manager and employee communications, FAQs, and standard operating processes)
- Support audit and remediation of risks for key risk processes
- Consult with legal, compliance, immigration, and HR policy, process, and system owners to ensure that sound protocols are in place to mitigate risks
- Troubleshoot issues and solve problems independently or escalate when necessary
- Able to think critically, demonstrate attention to detail, is highly effective at communicating analysis, recommendations, and conclusions
- Manage other HR risk and compliance related projects as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in an HR, compliance, or risk management role
- BS/BA or equivalent; Master's degree/advanced certifications preferred
- Experience with HR processes and functions and/or developing HR policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Knowledge of HR processes, risk/compliance management concepts
- Experience working in a global, complex, and fast-paced environment
- Experience building cross-functional partnerships and influencing stakeholders across the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with privacy compliance programs in human resources functions
- Workday HCM experience preferred
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products
RAKUTEN SHUGI PRINCIPLES
Our worldwide practices describe specific behaviors that make Rakuten unique and united across the world. We expect Rakuten employees to model these 5 Shugi Principles of Success.
- Always improve, always advance. Only be satisfied with complete success - Kaizen.
- Be passionately professional. Take an uncompromising approach to your work and be determined to be the best.
- Hypothesize - Practice - Validate - Shikumika. Use the Rakuten Cycle to success in unknown territory.
- Maximize Customer Satisfaction. The greatest satisfaction for workers in a service industry is to see their customers smile.
- Speed!! Speed!! Speed!! Always be conscious of time. Take charge, set clear goals, and engage your team.
Back to top