Global HRIS Director
- San Mateo, CA
Location: Ideally San Mateo or Salt Lake City.
The Global HRIS Director, will be responsible for the oversight and management of HR technology systems (predominately Workday) and data activities for the Americas, EMEA & APAC and more generally working with the Japan HQ to roll out new functionality and ensuring the optimal use of the systems across all territories.
You will work closely with internal IT and HR teams (throughout Americas', EMEA and APAC as well as Japan) to ensure the optimum level of HR systems support is provided to HR and the business.
- Work closely with Rakuten HQ 's HR, Regional HR, HR COE teams, shared service center Teams and IT teams to review and update the HRIS strategy that supports the overall Rakuten HR strategy.
- Provide approvals for Change Control Board keeping in mind the global nature of Workday
- Lead the program management oversite for both HQ and Project Teams in maintaining and implementing new functionality
- Manage change management resources and communications around new HRIS projects and rollouts
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (Architect) for global Workday HR systems and data.
- With Regional HRIS Leads, serve as expert to HR stakeholders, identify and articulating cross-region and global process impacts on technology/data and potential constraints
- Manage internal customer relationships with business process owners and stakeholders (HR, Benefits, Reward, Talent, Finance, Legal, IT etc.) champion the employee and business stakeholder experience.
- Create and manage HRIS budget.
- Manage the HRIS team to translate stakeholder needs into a business process/system functionality that both aligns with the needs of the business and keeps the end user experience in mind.
- Provide thought leadership regarding HR technology solutions and strategies for new programs, projects and enhancements to existing solutions.
- Evaluate new tools for the HR community, determine how to pilot and successfully operationalize.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of success in HRIS implementation/development for large multinational organizations.
- 8+ years in HRIS (including Workday) design, implementation, and operation experience on a global basis (ideally including Asia).
- Demonstrated track record of implementation of innovative tools and HR technology at the enterprise level.
- Ability to translate business requirements into system design and data/reporting requirements
- Experience building roadmaps that align to global HR priorities
- Strong project management skills, including operational assessments and change management
- Demonstrated ability to influence at the highest level of the business, through gravitas and deep expertise.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, across multiple cultures and countries
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to create solutions based on broad knowledge and experience.
- Ability to build trusted relationships with all levels of employees and management
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in an ambiguous environment/highly matrixed structure, dealing with complexity and time pressure
- Flexibility to travel and join out of hours calls to work within global time-zones
- Experience working in a Japanese company is ideal but not essential (as is the ability to verbally communicate in Japanese).
Back to top